Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a653023
Phoenix rejects takeover bids for Ignis
by Emma Dunkley on Jan 23, 2013 at 14:27
The news comes after Ignis chief executive Chris Samuel recently outlined an ambitious strategy for the firm in an exclusive interview with Wealth Manager. His plans included product development, hires and entering new business arenas such as the liability driven investment space, the latter of which builds on its life assurance roots.
Samuel has also ended the joint fund management ventures the group had in place in order to focus on core business, while new hires have been tasked with streamlining the firm’s product range.
Ignis merged with axial Investment Management in 2009 to appear in its current form.
Its parent group Phoenix has also been in discussions in the past with Resolution and CVC Capital Partners, with regards to the firms potentially buying Phoenix, although the talks did not amount to a takeover.
Phoenix Group declined to comment.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08