View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a661142
RBS plans £30bn cuts to investment business
by Daniel Grote on Feb 25, 2013 at 08:02
Through asset sales it is expected to reduce the size of the investment bank’s balance sheet by between £20 billion and £30 billion, or up to 10% of its total assets, according to the paper.
It said RBS would also transfer billions of pounds of capital support from the division to other areas of its business such as UK retail and commercial banking.
Job cuts are expected to be made in the investment bank’s administration and IT support division.
RBS has already cut its investment banking balance sheet from £500 billion in 2008 to £300 billion, and axed 5,000 jobs, bringing total staff numbers in the division to around 11,000.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
Look up the shares
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54