Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a657173
Regulator brands Solvency II costs 'indefensible'
by Alex Steger on Feb 07, 2013 at 07:55
The paper reported that Andrew Bailey (pictured), head of the FSA prudential business unit, called the plans ‘shocking’ and said the costs, estimated to be over £3 billion to UK insurance companies alone, were ‘frankly indefensible'.
Bailey also expressed scepticism at the new timetable for the already much delayed reforms, which are now unlikely to come into force before 2016, the FT reported.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
More from us
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08