Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a655313
RSM Tenon plumps for BDO as auditor after PwC dispute
by Daniel Grote on Feb 01, 2013 at 09:02
Financial services group RSM Tenon has appointed BDO as its auditor following its long-running battle with previous incumbent PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Tenon dropped PwC as auditor in December, bringing an end to a bitter relationship between the two.
In August the Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board announced it was investigating PwC over its audit of Tenon, while earlier last year, reports emerged Tenon had sought legal advice over alleged PwC errors.
Tenon was forced to restate its accounts for the year ending 30 June 2011 after discovering 'black holes' in its books.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
iShares: Time to shatter the ETF myths
As result of industry changes - the retail distribution review - and a growing focus on cost-efficient solutions, we anticipate the number of investors using ETFs will rise significantly over the coming years.
But as with any newer product, especially in the financial world, various misconceptions about ETFs have perpetuated over the years and iShares is committed to addressing and ultimately dispelling these.
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
- HMRC loses appeal over Tenon tax avoidance scheme
- RSM Tenon drops PwC as auditor after bitter dispute
- RSM Tenon blames RDR for slump in advice business
- Jimmy Carr tax scheme promoter pursues Tenon over commissions
- RSM Tenon reports £100m loss; cuts 400 jobs
- PwC faces probe over RSM Tenon audit
- RSM Tenon and PwC in legal battle over flawed accounts
- Tenon faces raising £20 million to repair balance sheet