Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a616048
Sanlam UK boosted by new business
by Jun Merrett on Sep 06, 2012 at 08:15
Sanlam UK has seen the value of new business increase to R8 million (£600,000) in the first half of 2012.
Sanlam’s interim results for the year ending 30 June 2012 showed its UK arm reported an increase of new business value to R8 million, up from the R6 million reported for the same period in 2011.
Net inflows into Sanlam UK also increased to R1 billion in the first half of 2012 compared to the R262 million reported in 2011.
The boost in inflows was due to a R712 million uplift into the company's non life insurance businesses which include its investment division. The company did not have any inflows for that division in 2011.
Sanlam UK, whose chief executive is Lukas van der Walt, (pictured), also saw its life insurance net inflows rise to R372 million from the R262 million reported in 2011.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
More from us
- Sanlam plans 'decumulation calculator’
- Sanlam acquires three IFAs taking assets to £725m
- Intrinsic buys out Lloyds; Friends and Sanlam waive £20m payout
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08