Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a650040
Sants defends decision to join Barclays
by Sarah Miloudi on Jan 10, 2013 at 15:07
Newly-knighted Hector Sants has defended his decision to join Barclays, claiming he is not compromised by his latest role.
The former Financial Services Authority boss launched his defence while speaking to MPs.
Sants came under fire as he gave evidence at the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards, however he said he was 'not compromised' by accepting a post as head of compliance at Barclays and had respected guidelines on when former regulatory chiefs can take up positions elsewhere.
'There is a statutory period when you are not allowed to work for a competitor and I will have passed that before I start,' Sants (pictured) said.
Sants added he, the FSA and Barclays were all aware of some cases against the bank, but 'safeguards' had been put in place to protect shareholders and the public interest.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08