View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a650040
Sants defends decision to join Barclays
by Sarah Miloudi on Jan 10, 2013 at 15:07
Newly-knighted Hector Sants has defended his decision to join Barclays, claiming he is not compromised by his latest role.
The former Financial Services Authority boss launched his defence while speaking to MPs.
Sants came under fire as he gave evidence at the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards, however he said he was 'not compromised' by accepting a post as head of compliance at Barclays and had respected guidelines on when former regulatory chiefs can take up positions elsewhere.
'There is a statutory period when you are not allowed to work for a competitor and I will have passed that before I start,' Sants (pictured) said.
Sants added he, the FSA and Barclays were all aware of some cases against the bank, but 'safeguards' had been put in place to protect shareholders and the public interest.
News sponsored by:
Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
More about this article:
by William Robins on Apr 17, 2014 at 12:21