Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a658539
SG Wealth steps up recruitment drive to cope with client influx
by Jun Merrett on Feb 14, 2013 at 15:00
Norwich-based SG Wealth Management has appointed a new wealth manager and an administrator to help service its growing client bank.
Kevin Squires, who joined the firm as a business development manager in 2012, has been made a wealth manager, taking the number at the firm to six.
He was previously an adviser at neighbouring Norwich firm Financial Futures FA, and brought a 20-strong client bank with him when he joined SG.
The firm has also hired Debbie Ellis as an administrator for its Norwich office.
SG managing director Neil Shillito (pictured) said Squires had joined as a business development director while he completed the necessary gap fill to become qualified for his new role in the retail distribution review world.
He said SG’s advisers each focused on a small number of clients so the firm could provide a high level of service and advice to every client.
‘We are very service driven and we think no individual adviser can look after more than 40 or 50 clients so we needed another body to service clients,’ he said.
He said the firm was also looking to hire a paraplanner for its Ipswich office and another administrator for its Norwich office.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
- PIMS 2013: Wraps reject move to flat-fee pricing
More about this article:
More from us
- Five minute adviser profile: Neil Shillito of SG Wealth Management
- SG Wealth to offer stockbroking service
by Himanshu Singh on May 18, 2013 at 04:18