View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a659027
SimplyBiz academy boosts focus on paraplanner support
by Michelle Abrego on Feb 14, 2013 at 15:07
SimplyBiz’s New Model Business Academy (NMBA) has plans to ramp up paraplanner support in its aim to help members with continuous professional development (CPD).
Lee Travis (pictured), chief executive of the NMBA, is shifting the academy’s focus from helping firms prepare for the retail distribution review to supporting growth, professional development strategies, sustainability and evolving business models.
‘We’re looking to change our focus on paraplanners,’ he said. ’[They are] 12% of our membership and they play an important and influential role in firms.’
Travis said in the second half of 2013 the NMBA would organise more face-to-face events and webinars focused on paraplanners, which would count as CPD.
‘While we get more new members, we are expanding our scope…we want to have a role in developing more of a paraplanner community,’ he said.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
More from us
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54