Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a637742
SimplyBiz lifts lid on post-RDR adviser proposition
by Jun Merrett on Nov 27, 2012 at 16:00
Support services provider SimplyBiz has unveiled a series of propositions for life after the retail distribution review (RDR).
The firm headed by chairman Ken Davy (pictured) has launched four new services aimed at catering for directly authorised advisers in a post RDR world.
The support services provider has launched propositions aimed at both independent and restricted adviser.
The first of these is called the Vision range, of which there is an offering for IFAs called Vision Independent and one for restricted advisers called Vision Restricted.
The service will provide advisers with documentation for fact finds, risk profilers, risk and return explanations and technology including the Dynamic Planner software.
It will also offer access to fund group Verbatim Asset Management, compliance service Compliance First, solicitor and IFA trade body Sifa, and its recently launched platform Verbatim Product Centre.
Advisers opting for either Vision Independent or Vision Restricted can decide not to use the Verbatim product range and choose their own platforms and discretionary fund managers.
Restricted advisers who choose Vision Restricted will also be able to dictate how they restrict themselves with investment and platform choice.
The third and fourth offerings are called Compliance Framework Independent or Compliance Framework Restricted.
SimplyBiz said under these services it will tell firms everything they need to do to be independent or restricted and provide a framework for firms to choose their own elements. For example, firms do not have to choose SimplyBiz's Dynamic Planner as its technology solution but will have to pay extra to use a different service.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
More from us
- SimplyBiz's Verbatim signs up 15 firms
- SimplyBiz teams up with IFDL to launch platform
- SimplyBiz posts £2.5m profit
- SimplyBiz's business academy launches free gap fill tool