Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a659656
Six more banks agree to swaps sales review
by Brian Cantwell on Feb 18, 2013 at 13:07
Six more banks have agreed to review their sales of controversial interest-rate ‘swap’ products following a pilot review into them conducted by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Allied Irish Bank UK, Bank of Ireland, Co-operative Bank, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks, and Santander UK have agreed to the review.
The FSA said the six new banks’ scrutiny of sales would be overseen by an independent reviewer, in line with the approach for Barclays, RBS, HSBC and Lloyds.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this article:
Look up the shares
- Barclays PLC (BARC.L)
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS.L)
- HSBC Holdings PLC (HSBA.L)
- Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LLOY.L)
More from us
- Barclays adds £1bn to PPI and rate hedged mis-selling bill
- Ireland injects €3.7bn into Allied Irish Banks