Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a519400
Sunday Papers: BA chief plots £300m acquisition fund - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Aug 28, 2011 at 00:01
The Sunday Telegraph
* BA chairman, Sir Martin Broughton, draws up plans to raise up to £300 million for new sporting acquisition fund.
* Labour is to push for tighter controls on media takeovers following the collapse of Rupert Murdoch's bid for BSkyB.
* King of Shaves, the independent British brand which launched in the founder's kitchen, has received a number of takeover approaches which value it at as much as £45 million.
Questor share tip
* Hold Amlin
* Britain's pension funds should invest closer to home.
* Ben Bernanke realised printing yet more money would look desperate.
* Social media and TV need not be enemies - the enduring power of television still eclipses the draw of digital but both have an important place in the advertiser's armoury.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
Challenged by growing risk aversion?
Challenging financial markets over recent years have resulted in growing risk aversion among British savers and led many to seek safety in cash. Click here for more.