Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a519400
Sunday Papers: BA chief plots £300m acquisition fund - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Aug 28, 2011 at 00:01
The Sunday Telegraph
* BA chairman, Sir Martin Broughton, draws up plans to raise up to £300 million for new sporting acquisition fund.
* Labour is to push for tighter controls on media takeovers following the collapse of Rupert Murdoch's bid for BSkyB.
* King of Shaves, the independent British brand which launched in the founder's kitchen, has received a number of takeover approaches which value it at as much as £45 million.
Questor share tip
* Hold Amlin
* Britain's pension funds should invest closer to home.
* Ben Bernanke realised printing yet more money would look desperate.
* Social media and TV need not be enemies - the enduring power of television still eclipses the draw of digital but both have an important place in the advertiser's armoury.
News sponsored by: