View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a639965
Treasury Select Committee to probe UK tax system
by Daniel Grote on Dec 05, 2012 at 08:28
The Treasury Select Committee (TSC) is to launch an inquiry into the UK's tax system, according to the Financial Times.
The paper said that the probe, to be chaired by TSC chairman Andrew Tyrie (pictured), will issue a call for evidence within days and begin hearings in the new year.
The inquiry is expected to focus on tax avoidance, but the FT cited a source close to the committee as saying it would also look more broadly at the entire 'purpose of tax policy'.
Conservative MP Tyrie has previously criticised the UK tax system for being 'riddled with anomalies' and 'incoherence'.
News sponsored by:
Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
- Monday Papers: Pfizer eyes AstraZeneca to create industry giant
- Asian shares subdued amid tensions in Ukraine
- Sunday Papers: RBS report on treatment of SMEs accused of being partial
- Saturday Papers: BlackRock challenges UK pension providers
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
More about this article:
What others are saying
by Himanshu Singh on Apr 21, 2014 at 08:21