Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a436587
Tuesday Papers: Harbinger Capital to halve Inmarsat holding - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Oct 05, 2010 at 04:30
* AIA IPO - AIG is to list its AIA Asian arm for $5bn less than the failed Pru deal.
* Swiss banks - The “Swiss finish” reveals the high cost of reputation management.
* Sara Lee in play - The food conglomerate seems an unlikely choice for a buy-out.
* Microsoft - Company’s dominance of the PC era may not extend into the next one.
* US drug policy - Cash shortfalls are proding policy towards legalising and taxing drugs.
* UniCredit - New chief executive must convince investors he is more than a stopgap.
* Vimpelcom / Orascom - A merger between Naguib Sawiris’ telecoms empire and Vimpelcom makes sense.
* City’s ethics awareness lessons must percolate down.
News sponsored by: