Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a436587
Tuesday Papers: Harbinger Capital to halve Inmarsat holding - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Oct 05, 2010 at 04:30
* Fianna Fáil risks losing power - Coming clean on bank rescue could prove fatal.
* An undeclared war in cyberspace - For advanced industrial nations, cyber-warfare is simultaneously a huge opportunity and a huge threat.
* Calmer markets - The “flash crash” on May 6.
* Let us heed the warnings of the ‘flash crash’.
* America needs stimulus not virtue - Spending cuts at wrong time ignore lessons of history.
* A coalition more than the sum of its parts - Cameron is enjoying standing a little above the political fray.
* Banks will be judged by actions not words.
* Santander could sell British operations to meet £17 billion shortfall under new Basel III funding requirements.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
iShares: Time to shatter the ETF myths
As result of industry changes - the retail distribution review - and a growing focus on cost-efficient solutions, we anticipate the number of investors using ETFs will rise significantly over the coming years.
But as with any newer product, especially in the financial world, various misconceptions about ETFs have perpetuated over the years and iShares is committed to addressing and ultimately dispelling these.