Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a436587
Tuesday Papers: Harbinger Capital to halve Inmarsat holding - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Oct 05, 2010 at 04:30
* Chancellor George Osborne's looming spending review - which some argue will be a damp squib - is less about cuts and more about selective austerity.
* Middle class will foot the deficit bill for now, but not for ever.
* Sanofi-Aventis goes hostile in battle for Genzyme; French pharmaceutical group launches £11.7bn bid; US biotech has already turned down an approach.
* How to rein in banking's bonus junkies.
* FSA clampdown is a leakers' charter.s
* George Osborne has declared war on families.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy