View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a484471
Tuesday Papers: Texas Instruments in $6.5bn acquisition - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Apr 05, 2011 at 03:49
* Texas Instruments announced its biggest deal in more than a decade with the $6.5 billion all-cash acquisition of Silicon Valley's National Semiconductor.
* Pfizer has agreed to sell its Capsugel business to private equity group KKR for $2.37 billion in cash.
* BP has agreed to sell its aluminium business for $680 million in cash.
* Belgian chemicals company Solvay made a sizeable bet on emerging markets on Monday with a €3.4 billion agreed bid for French rival Rhodia.
* The four-month takeover tussle for Mouchel ended without a deal on Monday.
* Google has bid $900 million for a stack of patents put up for sale by Nortel, the bankrupt Canadian communications equipment maker.
* Cheung Kong Holdings plans to raise $1.5 billion-$1.8 billion by spinning off its flagship Chinese property asset.
The Lex Column
* Ford: on top - it is hard to believe that Ford executives did not derive some satisfaction from edging their old rival.
News sponsored by: