View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a484471
Tuesday Papers: Texas Instruments in $6.5bn acquisition - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Apr 05, 2011 at 03:49
* Texas Instruments announced its biggest deal in more than a decade with the $6.5 billion all-cash acquisition of Silicon Valley's National Semiconductor.
* Pfizer has agreed to sell its Capsugel business to private equity group KKR for $2.37 billion in cash.
* BP has agreed to sell its aluminium business for $680 million in cash.
* Belgian chemicals company Solvay made a sizeable bet on emerging markets on Monday with a €3.4 billion agreed bid for French rival Rhodia.
* The four-month takeover tussle for Mouchel ended without a deal on Monday.
* Google has bid $900 million for a stack of patents put up for sale by Nortel, the bankrupt Canadian communications equipment maker.
* Cheung Kong Holdings plans to raise $1.5 billion-$1.8 billion by spinning off its flagship Chinese property asset.
The Lex Column
* Ford: on top - it is hard to believe that Ford executives did not derive some satisfaction from edging their old rival.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
Alastair Mundy met Citywire's Daniel Grote at the London Stock Exchange Studios for a detailed interview about the Investec Cautious Managed fund.