View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a636695
Unizone embarks on acquisition drive as part of growth strategy
by Michelle Abrego on Nov 27, 2012 at 15:24
Essex-based Unizone Independent Financial Advisers has embarked on an ambitious growth strategy aimed at acquiring IFAs and building joint ventures.
Neil Donnelly (pictured), managing director of Unizone, said the firm had set aside a war chest to purchase IFAs with a turnover between £250,000 and £500,000, and 50% recurring income.
Unizone has around £400 million in assets under advice and nine advisers.
Donnelly said he wanted to acquire firms where advisers shared his mind-set.
‘What Unizone is looking for in acquiring a firm is a principal who shares our views on client advice and service delivery. The company should be profitable, forward-thinking and open to its clients benefitting from a client-centric advisory proposition.’
He added: ‘We currently have a turnover in excess of £3 million. Experience dictates this is somewhat of a tipping point for IFA practices of this size.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
- FCA issues warning against US firm targeting UK investors
- Nest director John Taylor exits after 12 months
- FCA set to simplify adviser charging reporting rules
More about this article:
by Himanshu Singh on Mar 09, 2014 at 04:54