Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a667178
Walker Crips faces £440,000 additional FSCS bill after miscalculation
by James Phillipps on Mar 20, 2013 at 07:25
Walker Crips faces an additional £440,000 Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) bill after miscalculating its obligations in both of the last two years.
The group blamed a ‘misinterpretation of the guidance regarding the basis of its calculation’ as the reason for it inadvertently sending incomplete tariff data to the FSA.
The payments relate to its subsidiary, Walker Crips Stockbrokers, and the group will pay an additional £210,000 for the 12 months to 31 March 2012 and £230,000 for the previous year.
In a statement to the stock exchange, the group said: ‘As the underpayments relate to prior year accounting periods, the company will make retrospective adjustments in relation to these periods in its audited accounts for the year ending 31 March 2013.
‘The board of Walker Crips confirms that settling these amounts will not have a material impact on the company's financial position.’
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
- Lights, camera, action! Widows and Helm launch film pension scheme
- High Court judge imposes freezing order on Harlequin bosses' assets
- Tenet scraps five-day Twitter checks with new social media policy
More about this article:
Look up the shares
by Himanshu Singh on May 19, 2013 at 03:08