John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
The Bestinvest founder explains why he has returned to wealth management following his acquisition of the financial planning arm of Truestone last week.
- Wealth Manager Retreat: All the pics from day 2
- Tim Harford: Want a macro forecast? Get a chimp
- HMRC arrests three in £80m tax fraud and money laundering bust 1
- Capita forecasts 10% fall in UK dividends in 2015
- Rupert Robinson joins SVG and iimia founders to launch fund group
- Investment trust inflows up 112% as RDR takes effect
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Post-Tesco: can you believe company accounts?
- Is Schroders a sell? BofA analysts warn on regulatory risks
- Can fund performance predict a market rotation?
- What are the big devo max client risks? We ask 4 wealth managers
- Wealth management: The UK's ‘hidden’ £524bn success story
- The M&A dilemma: how do you integrate investment processes?
Overnight Markets: Wall Street gains despite drag from IBM
Earnings reports from Halliburton, Gannett Co, and others, helped ease the worries over global growth.
- MAS funding under fire following guidance snub
- Stanhope hires Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce chief
- Merchants Trust appoints ex-Times editor in management reshuffle
- Close Brothers nets £36 million on German bank disposal
- M&A activity at multi-year high, but value of failed deals close to 2008 peak
WMR: Why Russia will lose this war
Author and journalist Adam Lebor believes a perfect storm is brewing when it comes to the Russian economy. .
WMR: Gerard Lyons warns Asia is the real risk, not Russia & Ukraine
Chief economic adviser to London mayor Boris Johnson outlines the geo-political risks in Asia and explains why the risk of another eurozone crisis must not be underestimated.
Profile: The adviser that tempted Robin Minter-Kemp on board
It is rare to meet an impassioned individual who is willing to bang the drum for investment advisory right now
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow
Lunch with Simon Walker of Quilter Cheviot
Vestra Partnership helps clients deal with life’s questions
Lunch with Bob Devine of Sturgeon Ventures
Rowan Dartington programme nurtures young potential
Lunch with Ashcourt Rowan’s Stephen Walker
Rathbones’ Winchester office engages with local youth
Lunch with GHC Capital’s Paul Harris
In Yorkshire with le Tour de France
Lunch with Andrew Main of Stratton Street Capital