Fund fraudster's sentence increased for failing to pay confiscation order
Ross Peters, convicted of running an unauthorised investment scheme in 2015, has been sentenced to an additional 400 days in jail for failing to comply with a confiscation order in the sum of £136,238.
- Two US regulators warn on crypto dangers as ethereum hits record high
- The Expert View: Balfour Beatty, Ashtead and Time Out
- Wednesday Papers: Disney nears $60bn deal to take over Fox assets
- Overnight Markets: Banks help S&P 500, Dow scale new highs
- $50k bitcoin and Corbyn for PM? Nine fund views on 2018
- Shell and BP boost FTSE as oil jumps on UK outage
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: 25 pet peeves
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: inside fund buy lists 2
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the final 25 giants
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the penultimate 25 forces
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the next 25 heavyweights
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the first 25 big guns
- CISI slams FCA plan to scrap Approved Persons Register 5
- Is the auto industry the next ‘Big Short?’
- How to make a compensation payout last a lifetime 1
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
Proof that investment trusts beat funds 80% of the time
Analysis by Winterflood Securities shows investment trusts deliver better returns than other types of funds although their performance advantage can be narrow.
- Vietnam Holding: there's easily another 50% in the market
- Empiric Student Property sacks boss after dividend cut 2
- Scottish hikes dividend as contrarian calls bring in cash
- Carthew: the beneficiaries of Blue Prism’s inexorable rise
- Star healthcare manager quits after harassment claims 6
- Bankers and HINT managers on the up at Janus Henderson
- AA-rated Veysey's pick of the fallen angels
- Janus Henderson AUM climbs 5% as integration beats schedule
- Bank of England lifts rates for first time in decade
- ESG no longer means no returns, say Liontrust bond duo
- Janus Henderson hires Columbia Threadneedle bond boss Cielinski
- Fed prepares to unwind $4.2 trillion in bond holdings
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Artemis hires Polar Capital partner for equity team
Andy Marsh will join the team in February 2018
Mark Barnett - part 2: why I'm not buying Lloyds
In the second part of our exclusive video interview, Barnett explains why he has no intention of buying Lloyds, and where he sees the greatest income opportunities.
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
Joffy’s Journal – Common mistakes made by investors
Jonathan (Joffy) Willcocks looks at the three common mistakes many people make when thinking about their investments.
Profile: JM Finn on why the future is with financial planners
There is a lot of work on pension consolidation and Sipps have been a big driver there, says JM Finn chief executive