Budget 2017: 15 key takeaways
We highlight 15 key measures announced in the Budget by chancellor Philip Hammond.
- Budget 2017: EIS/VCT crackdown - sensible or devilish?
- Budget 2017: the towns and cities on stamp duty hit lists
- Budget 2017: Hammond scraps stamp duty for FTBs up to £300k 1
- Budget 2017: HMRC to widen tax evasion clampdown
- Budget 2017: Hammond pledges no reduction in VAT threshold
- Budget 2017: ISA limits unchanged, but JISAs & CTFs increased
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: 25 pet peeves
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: inside fund buy lists 2
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the final 25 giants
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the penultimate 25 forces
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the next 25 heavyweights
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the first 25 big guns
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
- Polar Capital's Rochussen: 'You have to be ruthless'
- RLAM's Fox: Do androids dream of electric cars?
- Is it worth using ETFs to cut model portfolio fees?
Hammond tells venture capital schemes to go back to their risk-taking roots
Enterprise investment schemes and venture capital trusts got the chancellor's Budget blessing although a new 'risk to capital' measure will ensure their tax incentives are not abused.
- Government venture capital trust to spearhead £20bn investment ‘action plan’
- HICL Infrastructure prepares to step in if Carillion goes bust
- Mark Barnett-backed Biopharma Credit on track after $500m cancer loan
- Charlesworth looks to the US with Tri-Pillar Infrastructure
- The Gavatar: a speedy guide to investment funds and trusts
- Valuation warning after plenty of Action at 3I
- Bank of England lifts rates for first time in decade
- ESG no longer means no returns, say Liontrust bond duo
- Janus Henderson hires Columbia Threadneedle bond boss Cielinski
- Fed prepares to unwind $4.2 trillion in bond holdings
- Does active beat passive in global bonds? We crunch the numbers
- Axa IM launches China short duration bond fund
- LGIM enters the ETF market through platform acquisition
- SCM launches digital platform to offer Mifid-compliant transparency
- WisdomTree to acquire $18bn ETF Securities business
- Are beta buyers keeping their eyes open to market risk?
- BNY Mellon launches US equity fund
- Lyxor launches ETF investing in gender equality champions
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Budget 2017: Gov't to charge income tax on digital economy royalties
Although admitting that it does not solve the problem he said that the government will apply income tax to royalties relating to UK sales when those royalties are paid to low tax jurisdictions starting from April 2019.
CIO Tapes 2: two warnings and a lot of optimism
Our group of leading asset management CIOs see a lot of opportunities – and overseas investors are buying UK too
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
BVTV: deciphering the differences between green bonds, impact investing and ESG
Richard Sherry joined me for this week’s edition of BVTV to talk through an area of the market that has been rapidly gaining attention.
Profile: Thomas Miller explains its post-restructure plans
Thomas Miller Investment’s (TMI) head of wealth Matt Phillips has strong opinions about many things