Top 30 Under 30: the 2018 class of new wealth talent
Once again Wealth Manager has selected the rising stars of the UK private client investment management industry.
- US giant in talks to buy UK multi-asset boutiques
- Five tech trends set to revolutionise wealth management
- Aviva scraps plan to cancel preference shares after backlash 3
- Israeli bank giant shuts down UK wealth arm
- From Mifid to GDPR: pictures from our compliance conference
- Podcast: Walking with Wealth Managers - Greg Mahon of Rathbones
Investment Trust Watch: sell Independent (the manager is!)
An action-packed week sees Woodford Patient Capital defy the slide in technology stocks, Scottish Mortgage slips to a fresh discount but top-performing Independent continues to defy reality.
- Facebook fall could be ‘trigger’ for something bigger 5
- Woodford Patient shares soar on $2.2bn biotech tie-up 10
- Three Lindsell Train shares change hands for £293k in rare sale
- Reader Survey: £200 of Amazon vouchers up for grabs!
- Schroders' Noffke: time to hunt for UK bargains
- Empiric outlines turnaround plan after tough 2017 2
- Pound surge continues as GDP spike surprises
- Inflation dips to 3% as indicators suggest peak passed
- Rathbones: where to find growth in a desynchronising world
- JPM switches sectors on £1bn bond mandate
- Diary of a digital investor: should I worry about my bond ETFs?
- AllianzGI hires Columbia Threadneedle duo for US bond team
- HSBC GAM poaches Legal & General bond passive head
- Fixed income ETFs are spreading risk through financial markets 1
- JP Morgan unveils three bond ETFs
- Allianz GI launches passive/active US fund into UK
- JPM hires three senior ETF staff as it expands Euro reach
- BlackRock assets climb above $6tn on record inflows
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Global markets dive as trade war fears intensify
European markets follow Asia and US into the red, but FTSE 100 spared the worst of the losses.
- The Expert View: Reckitt, Interserve and Crest Nicholson
- Friday Papers: Trump tariffs target strategic Chinese sectors
- Overnight Markets: Shares tumble after Trump’s tariff move
- Charles Stanley pledges 'decisive action' on 35% pay gap 1
- Peter Hargreaves-backed firm hits out at 'active' fund managers 2
Boutique tapes: are top managers better off at small firms?
In episode three of our series, boutique bosses discuss whether the best fund managers are more likely to thrive at smaller firms.
Profile: How Julius Baer plans to win UK wealth
Julius Baer has embared on a hiring spree to fuel its ambitious UK expansion plans.