CISI next generation: a spotlight on 10 wealth young guns - part 2
Here we ask the CISI winter exam passers what professional benefits they received from passing.
- Boutique tapes: if you want a Ferrari, you have to pay for it
- Activist Edward Bramson pours £580m into Barclays
- Aviva stands firm on prefs threat as anger mounts 1
- Pound's surge knocks FTSE on Brexit transition deal
- Rathbones and L&G fund managers hit by Micro Focus crash
- Embattled death bond fund returns $20m to trapped investors
Go USA! Baillie Gifford managers eye ‘unique’ growth prospects
Gary Robinson and Andrei Kiselev, managers of the new Baillie Gifford US Growth Trust (USA), explain why they are not put off by lofty stock market valuations.
- Activist Sherborne stuns City in swoop on Barclays 1
- James Carthew: the economics of storing energy in batteries 5
- Rothschilds’ fintech trust misses IPO target 1
- Trust Watch: Shires Income hit by Aviva pref attack 5
- Morse puts on the ‘shorts’ at Fidelity European Values
- Brenda Dean, Empiric Student and RESI chairman, dies 5
- Pound surge continues as GDP spike surprises
- Inflation dips to 3% as indicators suggest peak passed
- Rathbones: where to find growth in a desynchronising world
- JPM switches sectors on £1bn bond mandate
- Diary of a digital investor: should I worry about my bond ETFs?
- AllianzGI hires Columbia Threadneedle duo for US bond team
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Heartwood poaches two young stars for investment team
Alistair Campbell has joined from Sarasin while Nikki Howes has joined from JP Morgan.
Boutique tapes: if you want a Ferrari, you have to pay for it
In the second part of our four-part series, boutique bosses are asked how they can justify the fees charged by active managers.
Profile: why GWM believes in life after Lloyds
Lloyds Private Banking duo Chris Payne and Tom Milson left the company two years ago after deciding to act on their belief that ‘we could do it better’