Citywire South West Retreat: pictures from Day 1
A selection of pictures from our annual South West event at Marriott St Pierre, Chepstow, on what turned out to be the hottest April day in 70 years.
- Courtiers buys two boutiques as acquisition spree takes off
- Veteran Rathbones wealth trio follow ex-director to Close
- The 12 most complained about investment providers 2
- Podcast: Walking with Wealth Managers - Redmayne Bentley's Mary Coughlan
- Earth Day: three sustainable investment strategies
- GAM hires Kleinwort Hambros director for wealth team
- Shrimp wars: the Indian commodity that could get caught in the net
- Predicting the future: a problem in asset management
- Surprise at Mifid II ‘bill shock’ warning
- Cohen & Steers: rate misconception masking Reits opportunity
- Secret CEO: FCA fund remedy approach is 'fundamentally flawed' 1
- 'We're not Beaufort Securities!' Dealing with mistaken identity 1
Investment Trust Watch: ‘buy’ Schroder UK Growth
Schroders' sacking and replacement with rival Baillie Gifford restore interest in its UK Growth trust, while activist Sherborne Investors and top-performing Baillie Gifford Shin Nippon also catch the eye.
- Infrastructure: hits, misses and high-yield recovery plays
- Investment trusts beat open-ended rivals over 30 years 4
- Ian Cowie: the winners and losers testing my patience 13
- Investment trusts dominate AJ Bell’s list of best-selling ISAs
- Fee cut sets BlackRock Smaller apart from rival Throgmorton
- Impax: plastics alarm creates great growth story
- Pound surge continues as GDP spike surprises
- Inflation dips to 3% as indicators suggest peak passed
- Rathbones: where to find growth in a desynchronising world
- JPM switches sectors on £1bn bond mandate
- Diary of a digital investor: should I worry about my bond ETFs?
- AllianzGI hires Columbia Threadneedle duo for US bond team
- Rise of ETFs: 'active managers must evolve or die' 1
- HSBC GAM poaches Legal & General bond passive head
- Fixed income ETFs are spreading risk through financial markets 1
- JP Morgan unveils three bond ETFs
- Allianz GI launches passive/active US fund into UK
- JPM hires three senior ETF staff as it expands Euro reach
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Pound slumps as Carney casts doubt on May hike
Pound continues decline as Bank of England governor Mark Carney suggests interest rate rise in May is not a foregone conclusion.
Boutique tapes: my business will never be sold
In the final part of our four part series we discuss consolidation and whether it's getting tougher for boutiques to survive.
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
The impact of the technology tantrum on US corporate bond valuations
In the US high yield market, the US tech sector has weakened relative to the broader US high yield market.
Profile: how this boutique beat the big guns of wealth
This small west country offshoot of a local IFA scooped a 2018 Citywire award from beneath the noses of the national challengers