L&G anuity sales crater but group cash flows hit record high
Legal & General saw annuity sales fall by 60% in the first quarter but strong inflows into its asset management business helped powered net cash generation to a record high of £330 million.
- Wealth consolidator builds South West hub with Duchy buy
- Leigh Harrison's LV fund kicked out of UK Equity Income sector
- The Expert View: BT, Lloyds and Whitbread
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street down on weak trade data
- Wednesday Papers: Top hedge fund managers bank $11.6bn
- Where are they now? 16 Wealth cover stars who moved on - part 2 1
- NCI chair: how next gov’t should tackle asset management challenge
- Does the independent label mean anything to clients?
- The huge and complex challenge facing fund managers
- Will FCA overturn independence rules as MiFID II looms?
- The hidden traps of pension freedom
- How serious is the UK’s twin deficit problem?
No end in sight for Fyshe clients as administrator nets £2.7m
As a result, these fees now almost treble the £866,000 shortfall between expected claims and cash available for redistribution.
Jonathan Polin: why Towry spent £120m on Ashcourt Rowan
The former Ashcourt chief explains why Towry was prepared to pay such steep premium to buy the firm.
Benefitting from a large fixed income universe
Charles Zerah, manager of the Carmignac Portfolio Global Bond fund, explains the investment philosophy and approach behind a sturdy five-year track record
Wealth Manager: The highs and lows of Spiers' 30 years of discretionary innovation
John Spiers saw Bestinvest lose 90% of its revenues overnight before rebuilding the company into a £5 billion wealth management giant
Keith Loudon: Over half a century at Redmayne-Bentley
Investment Committee: Andrew Wilson, Towry
Ben Kumar: 7IM’s first graduate hire
The numbers behind Copia’s first year
Investment Committee: Jonathan Bell, Stanhope Capital
Wealth managers put their pet peeves into Room 101
A day in the life of John Gunn
EQ Investors: The story behind the new firm
Investment Committee: Harry Morgan, Anderson Strathern
TAM Asset Management’s ‘You give, we give’ initiative
Q&A: Montage Portfolio Management
Investment Committee: Simon Moore, Tilney Bestinvest
Spotlight on Arbuthnot Latham’s StJohn Gardner
Wealth managers lock away their pet peeves in Room 101
The value of pure investment management
Rider profile with James Penny: Gearing up for the Nocturne cycle race
A day in the life of Andrew Summers
Catching up with BRI Wealth Management’s Daniel Boardman-Weston