Buxton backs resurgent Shire; Ebola knocks FTSE
Fund manager Richard Buxton buys back into Shire after its failed takeover by Abbvie. Ebola scare knocks FTSE but index is up on the week.
- Liontrust duo raise Charles Stanley stake to access ‘store of value’
- We ask wealth managers which geopolitical risks worry you most?
- Post-retirement picks: eight funds for the pension freedoms
- Cameron attacks 'unjustified' £1.7bn EU charge 1
- Schroders’ Sym: I am buying European cyclicals
- Brewin's Brighton office head exits with five others post-Reigate merger 1
- Colin McLean: Hubris can bring down any FTSE darling, not just Tesco
- Fidelity policy boss: FCA plans discretionary commission ban 3
- Beware the potential pitfalls of taking a senior role in wealth management
- John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
- Is Jeremy Grantham right? How to navigate the beta desert
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Stewart Cowley: 'If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right' 1
UK business leaders blast EU's 'outrageous' £1.7bn cash demand
Business leaders have branded the EU’s demand for an extra £1.7 billion from Britain to balance its budget ‘outrageous’ and said the increased contribution should be rejected.
JPM’s Negyal: Back divis to temper EM volatility
Omar Negyal, co-manager of the JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income trust, says a dividend approach to emerging markets reduces the volatility of investing in the asset class.
Profile: 'new normal' now is as dangerous as when it was applied to tech
7IM's CIO Chris Darbyshire says he has been re-energised by his new role, but has little time for 'new normal' doom-mongers
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow
Lunch with Simon Walker of Quilter Cheviot
Vestra Partnership helps clients deal with life’s questions
Lunch with Bob Devine of Sturgeon Ventures
Rowan Dartington programme nurtures young potential
Lunch with Ashcourt Rowan’s Stephen Walker
Rathbones’ Winchester office engages with local youth
Lunch with GHC Capital’s Paul Harris
In Yorkshire with le Tour de France
Lunch with Andrew Main of Stratton Street Capital