'David throwing pebbles at Goliath' - 15 top Budget quotes
We highlight some of the top quotes from leading figures in the wealth and fund community to yesterday's Budget.
- State of wealth: 10 insights from Credit Suisse's 2017 report
- Profits soar at Walker Crips as fund focus pays off 1
- Robin Milway launches boutique after Neptune exit
- Utilities weigh on FTSE after Centrica shock
- Old Mutual GI hands Hargreaves £63m account as it axes ISAs 1
- Woodford backs top holding after hedgie attack
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: 25 pet peeves
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: inside fund buy lists 2
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the final 25 giants
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the penultimate 25 forces
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the next 25 heavyweights
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the first 25 big guns
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
- Polar Capital's Rochussen: 'You have to be ruthless'
- RLAM's Fox: Do androids dream of electric cars?
- Is it worth using ETFs to cut model portfolio fees?
Ian Cowie: McDonnell looms, so don’t forget your ISA
With the dust settling on the Budget, Labour is still knocking on the doors of government, which makes the tax shelter of individual savings accounts (ISAs) more valuable than ever.
- Woodford backs Prothena after hedgie attack
- Hammond tells venture capital schemes to go back to their risk-taking roots
- Government venture capital trust to spearhead £20bn investment ‘action plan’
- HICL Infrastructure prepares to step in if Carillion goes bust
- Infrastructure veteran looks to US with Tri-Pillar fund launch
- Mark Barnett-backed Biopharma Credit on track after $500m cancer loan
- Bank of England lifts rates for first time in decade
- ESG no longer means no returns, say Liontrust bond duo
- Janus Henderson hires Columbia Threadneedle bond boss Cielinski
- Fed prepares to unwind $4.2 trillion in bond holdings
- Does active beat passive in global bonds? We crunch the numbers
- Axa IM launches China short duration bond fund
- LGIM enters the ETF market through platform acquisition
- SCM launches digital platform to offer Mifid-compliant transparency
- WisdomTree to acquire $18bn ETF Securities business
- Are beta buyers keeping their eyes open to market risk?
- BNY Mellon launches US equity fund
- Lyxor launches ETF investing in gender equality champions
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
BMO launches low cost multi-asset portfolios
They will be allocated globally across equities and fixed income and mostly comprise of active strategies.
CIO Tapes 2: two warnings and a lot of optimism
Our group of leading asset management CIOs see a lot of opportunities – and overseas investors are buying UK too
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
Is it time to short equity markets?
Extreme pessimism has given way to strong gains in equity markets, while the prevailing narrative has shifted from ‘secular stagnation’ to ‘synchronised global recovery.
Profile: Kleinwort Hambros' boss on how to manage five banks
Welding together Kleinwort and Hambros – two of Britain’s most historic banks, founded in 1786 and 1839 respectively – was always going to be a challenge.