View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a640149
AAA-rated Dudding to relinquish Europe fund in Threadneedle shake-up
by Matthew Goodburn on Dec 06, 2012 at 08:16
The Citywire AAA-rated Dudding will be replaced on the fund by Euro Stars and Citywire Top 1000 star Mark Heslop from 1 January, but will still retain control of his large cap focused Threadneedle European Select fund.
Dudding will take the reins of the Threadneedle (Lux) Global Focus Fund from 1 April 2013, replacing Neil Robson who will continue to run his healthcare and StanLib mandates at the group.
Over the three years to the end of November, Heslop's Threadneedle (Lux)-Pan Europ Smaller Cos AE (MF) Fund has more than doubled the return of his benchmark, posting 54.7% compared to the MSCI Europe Small Cap TR EUR (IN) return of 24.8%.
Fellow star and Citywire Selection manager Dudding has also posted impressive numbers.
Over five years to the end of November, Dudding's European Smaller Companies fund has returned 47.2% compared to the HSBC Smaller European (ex UK) Companies TR (IN) loss of -4.63%.
Threadneedle's head of European distribution, Dominik Kremer said: 'Both Mark and David are extremely talented managers and have demonstrated exceptional track records of outperformance in the funds they manage.'
'Both managers will remain as part of Threadneedle’s award-winning European equities team, led by Philip Dicken.'
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Threadneedle European Smaller Cos Inst Acc GBP
- Threadneedle European Smaller Cos Ret Acc EUR
- Threadneedle European Smaller Cos Inst Acc EUR
- Threadneedle European Select Inst Acc EUR
- Threadneedle European Select Inst Acc GBP
- Threadneedle European Select Ret Acc GBP
- Threadneedle (Lux)-Europ Smaller Cos Abs Alpha AE
- Threadneedle (Lux)-Pan Europ Smaller Cos AE
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Dudding: Europe's multi-nationals have 'golden opportunity' to dominate
- Threadneedle’s Nangle boosts commodity exposure
- Standard Life unveils EMD fund for House
- Threadneedle names EMD heads in fixed income overhaul
- Top 1000
- Euro Stars
- Citywire Selection
On the road
by David Campbell on Jul 25, 2014 at 07:51