View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a760262
Artemis' John Dodd salutes Brewin’s ‘excellent management team’
by Robert St George on Jul 04, 2014 at 10:07
Elsewhere in the financials sector, Dodd and Paterson noted a new investment in peer-to-peer lending specialist GLI Finance .
‘As a consequence of the reluctance of the major banks to lend to individuals and small businesses, peer-to-peer lending is one of the fastest growing areas in the UK economy,’ said Dodd and Paterson.
‘A number of platforms have been set up to match borrowers with lenders, ensuring that high quality borrowers can access loans at an appropriate interest rate. This industry appears to be a win-win for both borrowers and lenders alike.
‘It has strong government support, and although some of the bigger peer-to-peer businesses might float over the next 18 months, GLI Finance is the only quoted company in the UK that gives investors access to this exciting growth area.’
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
Investment trusts have proved to be a highly effective way to invest in the market. Citywire has interviewed the experts to find out more.
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the shares
- Brewin Dolphin Holdings PLC (BRW.L)
- Polar Capital Holdings PLC (POLR.L)
- Liontrust Asset Management PLC (LIO.L)
- GLI Finance Ltd (GLIF.L)
Look up the investment trusts
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Is Brewin Dolphin's turnaround now priced in?
- Brewin's profits surge by 25% before tech writedown bites
- Polar Capital doubles pre-tax profit on bumper demand for Japan
- Liontrust sees £190m net inflows in Q2 pushing AUM to £3.8bn
- Why a star loan investor is reshaping his exceptional fund
- Marshall Wace P2P trust to target 6-8% yield
On the road
J.P. Morgan Elect on investment growth, income and cash. More information on J.P. Morgan investment trusts.
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:59