Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the video online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/video/a760179
BlackRock UK Special Sits: when will we sell our star holdings?
by Robert St George on Jul 07, 2014 at 11:02
The former’s share price has surged by 1,500% over the past five years, and the latter’s by 350%.
Such stocks have helped Arnold’s £2 billion Citywire Selection fund return 118% through that period, a top-quartile performance in the UK All Companies sector where the average fund has generated 95.2%.
For much of that time, Arnold has co-managed the fund with Richard Plackett, who took a six-month sabbatical in March this year. In this interview, Arnold discusses the differences between their approaches.
Arnold also reveals why he is backing industrials despite the apparent death of manufacturing in the UK, and explains his modest overweight to the tech sector despite the battering it has taken recently.
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the shares
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- BlackRock's Richard Plackett to take six-month sabbatical
- Throgmorton 'fan club' set to expand with fee and benchmark revamp
- Plackett burned by shorts as quality punished in September
- The stocks BlackRock's Plackett backs in post-QE world
- BlackRock's AAA-rated Plackett takes profit on Rathbones
- Plackett and Hibbert help BlackRock knock M&G from top of Pridham chart
by James Phillipps on Jul 23, 2014 at 14:34