WMA calls for MiFID II to replace RDR
Trade body takes issue with 'illogical' FCA stance for firms to comply with both MiFID II and RDR.
- Has ‘sales’ become a dirty word in wealth management?
- The case for buying FX-hedged ETFs 1
- Smart beta: viable pure passive alternative or sales gimmick?
- Robo-advisers: next big thing or passing fad?
- What's so special about special administration? 1
- Are these three wealth firms prime takeover targets? 2
- Are Rathbones and Close plotting Duncan Lawrie bids?
RBC WM signs up for service that tackles robo-adviser threat
BizEquity has launched an online service for wealth managers, which it says can help to stave off the threat from 'robo-advisers'.
- No end in sight for Fyshe clients as administrator nets £2.7m 1
- Does the independent label mean anything to clients?
- UBS: risk premium from election yet to appear
- The hidden traps of pension freedom
- Convicted trader has sentence extended after failing to pay up
- Pritchard cash shortfall could triple; Mazars pockets £4.7m 7
- Will asset managers come under the PRA's watch? 1
- FCA fines BNY Mellon £126m for client asset failures
- Charles Stanley to raise £15.8m and slash divi in business overhaul
Copia's Erdem on the ETF market
In the first of a series on Smart Beta, Markit's Simon Colvin and Copia Capital's Dr Evrin Erdem discuss QE, ETFs, and Euro equities
Aberdeen's Radano on where to find US income opportunities
Fran Radano of the North American Income Trust identifies some of the areas he believes offer the best opportunities.
Private Client Manager Retreat 2015: video highlights
We bring you the highlights from our Private Client Manager Retreat.
Jupiter Nocturne rider profile: Carl Fiford
Investment Committee: Harry Morgan, Anderson Strathern
Myddleton Croft on tapping the adviser outsourcing market
Simon Scott-White: building bridges outside Charles Stanley
Wealth managers consign their dislikes to Room 101
Investment Committee: Simon Moore, Tilney Bestinvest
Jupiter Nocturne rider profile: Nick Kershaw
A day in the life of Oliver Stones
Emma Wilkinson: how RHG grew AUM sixfold
Investment Committee: Christian Holland, TAM Asset Management
Keith Loudon: Over half a century at Redmayne-Bentley
Investment Committee: Andrew Wilson, Towry
Jupiter Nocturne rider profile: Paul Dennis
Ben Kumar: 7IM’s first graduate hire
The numbers behind Copia’s first year
Investment Committee: Jonathan Bell, Stanhope Capital
Wealth managers put their pet peeves into Room 101
A day in the life of John Gunn