View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a737780
Citywire Selection review: eight in, seven out - who made the cut?
by Jonathan Miller on Mar 06, 2014 at 07:00
· Rathbone Global Opportunities (James Thomson)
James Thomson invests in companies from around the world that he sees as undiscovered growth stories. He uses a high conviction approach to stock picking and this process has led to a strong long term outperformance record on the fund with stock selection driving performance.
· Royal London UK Equity Income (Martin Cholwill)
Martin Cholwill has delivered consistently strong outperformance over the long term. His strict investment approach screens companies for cash flow, a sustainable dividend and whether the dividend can grow. This pick comes with higher risk than most other picks in the sector due to the larger than average mid-cap exposure and in return carries a 3.5% yield.
You can view the full Citywire Selection list here.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
Investment trusts have proved to be a highly effective way to invest in the market. Citywire has interviewed the experts to find out more.
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the funds
- BlackRock European Dynamic A Acc
- BlackRock Continental European A Inc
- First State Global Em Mkts Leaders A GBP Acc
- Fidelity Emerging Markets Acc
- Smith & Williamson North American Trust
- Threadneedle UK Property Trust Acc
- Threadneedle UK Mid 250
- Fidelity Special Situations A Acc
- BlackRock UK Special Situations A Inc
- Jupiter Strategic Bond Acc
- Legal & General UK Property R Acc
- Phoenix Hawksmoor Vanbrugh A Inc
- Rathbone Global Opportunities Acc
- Royal London UK Equity Income A
Look up the investment trusts
Look up the fund managers
More from us
On the road
J.P. Morgan Elect on investment growth, income and cash. More information on J.P. Morgan investment trusts.
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:59