View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a679158
First State stems inflows into Asante's €4.9bn GEM Leaders fund
by Matthew Goodburn on May 13, 2013 at 11:11
Chris Turpin, managing director (EMEA) and Global Head of Product at First State, said the fund had seen two years of strong inflows.
In a statement Turpin said: 'We have been monitoring the large and consistent inflows into the Global Emerging Markets Leaders Funds for some time now.
'Ahead of us encountering any capacity issues that could affect the performance or restrict the team’s ability to invest in certain companies we have made the decision to soft-close our Global Emerging Market Leaders Funds effective 7 September 2013.'
He added: 'We continue to believe that our first duty must be to our existing investors and to ensure we manage the scale of funds under our management responsibly.'
He said that the firm intended to 'credit all initial charges to the relevant fund for the time being'.
It is the latest in the group's range of Asia Pacific and Global Emerging funds to be soft-closed to protect investment performance.
In 2012 it closed the First State Asia Pacific Sustainability , First State Indian Subcontinent , First State Global Emerging Markets Sustainability , First State Greater China Growth , First State Latin America and First State Greater Hong Kong Growth dunds to new investors.
The fund has returned 40.75% in the three years to the end of April in euro terms, while its Citywire benchmark, the MSCI (EM) Emerging Markets TR USD, rose 11.63% over the same time period.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
- First State Global Emerging Markets Leaders I
- First State Global Emerging Markets A GBP Acc
- First State Asia Pacific Sustainability A GBP Acc
- First State Indian Subcontinent A GBP Acc
- First State Gbl Emer Mkts Sustainability A GBP Acc
- First State Greater China Growth A GBP Acc
- First State Latin America A GBP Acc
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- AAA-rated Asante: inequality a major threat to global growth
- Nigeria is last big 'untouched' EM country, says First State's Asante
- First State star warns on emerging market bubble
- Leading EM manager cuts BRIC consumer exposure
- ‘Gold nationalisation’ and political interference alarm First State’s Finegan
On the road
on Mar 07, 2014 at 13:36