Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the video online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/video/a694934
GAM's AA-rated star 'staggered' by Greek recovery
by Matthew Goodburn on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:56
Citywire AA-rated Niall Gallagher says while recovery in Ireland appears to be widely acknowleged, the extent of the recovery in Greece and Spain has surprised him after a recent fact-finding trip.
The GAM Star European Equity and GAM Star Continental European Equity manager reveals where he is finding opportunities in peripheral Europe after four years of austerity and explains why he believes Greek banks are poised for a comeback.
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Henderson's Pease: how I played the European equities correction
- Periphery must privatise its assets says Fidelity's Euro equity chief
- Core vs periphery trade is dead says GAM's Gallagher
- BlackRock multi-asset manager: we are tilting back towards Europe
- Threadneedle Europe star: US shale boom will fuel Euro industrials
- Michael Lipper: financials need a dose of tough love