View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a727982
Hargreaves unveils unbundled pricing structure
by Jun Merrett on Jan 15, 2014 at 07:07
Hargreaves Lansdown has unveiled its new unbundled tiered pricing structure for its Vantage platform.
The tiered charging structure is:
- £0- £250,000: 0.45%
- £250,000 to £1 million: 0.25%
- £1 million to £2 million: 0.1%
- From £2 million above: no charge
From 1 March 2014 the average annual management charge (AMC) for a Wealth 150 fund will fall to approximately 0.65%. Hargreaves said the average AMC charges will compare favourably to the standard AMC of 0.76% for the same funds and give an average discount of 0.11% for Hargreaves clients.
Hargreaves has also selected 27 funds from its Wealth 150 list which will make up a new list called the Wealth 150+ where the average AMC will be 0.54%.
The average AMC for funds available on Vantage which are not in the Wealth 150 is 0.71%, including passives.
The company will reveal the full list of the 27 funds who have offered it super clean deals on 1 March.
The platform is required to implement the new structure from 6 April 2014.
Hargreaves has estimated the new pricing structure represents a £8 million cost based on its financial results for the year ended 30 June 2013.It also believes there could be a £9 million hit on its revenues as it approaches April 2016 when legacy rebates will be banned.
At the start of trading the firm's shares were down 2.6%, or 39p, at £14.69, lagging the FTSE which was marginally up.
News sponsored by:
Ian McVeigh and Steve Davies, managers of Jupiter's UK Growth fund, talk about their predictions for the UK equity space. Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the shares
More from us
- Hargreaves Lansdown to unveil pricing in mid-January
- Hargreaves Lansdown delays RDR pricing announcement
- Hargreaves launches legal challenge against HMRC over rebate tax
- Hargreaves attacks advisers' 'delusional' hourly fees
- Hargreaves: we won't go lower than 28 bps
- Hargreaves: don't worry about us, we'll be just fine
- Hargreaves demands managers' best price for new 30 fund core list