View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a760027
How European WM will fight oncoming fee pressure
by Danielle Levy on Jul 09, 2014 at 11:47
‘I think valuations are more reasonable than they were a couple of years ago. They got a bit heady towards the end of the RDR. People were hoovering up acquisitions to achieve critical mass, whereas we will only do deals if we feel they genuinely fit with our business. We are not looking to bolt on funds at any price,’ he said.
He added the firm is also seeing greater opportunities to hire good quality teams right now.European Wealth Management in numbers:
• Assets under management: circa £750 million
• Asset growth since 2012: £300 million
• Financial planning/investment management business split: 50:50
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
From Nigeria to Pakistan and from Kenya to Kuwait, frontier markets are catching investors' attention as never before.
More about this:
More from us
- European Wealth buys adviser firm for 'significant' pension opportunity
- European Wealth hires ex-Barclays portfolio manager
- European Wealth lists on AIM with £16.6m market cap
- Wealth Manager: European Wealth's CEO on the steps to its first £1bn
On the road
on Jul 29, 2014 at 13:10