Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the video online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/video/a710962
Japan star Salter: expect Abe to do 'something stupid' over China
by Matthew Goodburn on Oct 23, 2013 at 13:37
Polar Capital's Japan equity manager James Salter expects the yen to weaken further to a fair value level of 110 to the US dollar.
The Citywire AA-rated manager admits that while negative sentiment towards China may have died down for now, there is always the potential for prime minister Abe to stir things up again.
Salter also explains why Japan's autos sector has seen a mixed recovery so far and why he expects further monetary stimulus by March next year.
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Blockbuster equity manager: why I’m backing China over Japan
- JOHCM’s Japan stars: why Abenomics' third arrow is irrelevant
- Big in Japan: six leading investors predict the future for Abenomics
- GLG's Harker: QE could spark Japanese economic collapse
- Legg Mason's Shiozumi shines in new Japan
on Dec 06, 2013 at 14:28