View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a724929
Jupiter's de Fonclare: positivity on Spain has been overplayed
by Matthew Goodburn on Dec 18, 2013 at 16:07
'I got a bit uncomfortable with the valuations and saw better opportunities elsewhere in other quality names.'
De Fonclare continues to avoid poor quality companies with weak balance sheets.
'We will not play the cyclical bounce through poor quality companies like Peugeot but will keep our focus on quality firms with stronger balance sheets.'
Over three years to the end of November, the fund has returned 40.9% compared with 27.9% by the average manager in euro terms.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Jupiter's de Fonclare swaps quality growth for banks on eurozone hopes
- Jupiter's de Fonclare steps down as lead manager of income fund
- Jupiter's de Fonclare: no end in sight for market volatility
- T.Rowe Price star: investors will regret not buying banks now
- JPM duo unveil three 'hidden gems' from Europe's periphery
- Schroders' Cordell: don't get complacent on European growth
On the road
on Mar 07, 2014 at 13:36