View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a681269
Mary Chris Gay ends 25-year Legg Mason career
by Atholl Simpson on May 22, 2013 at 10:32
Mary Chris Gay is leaving Legg Mason Capital Management after 25 years with the US firm.
Following her departure, Sam Peters has taken on sole management of the Legg Mason's Value Trust and its Dublin-domiciled LMCM Value Equity funds, which were previously managed by renowned US investor Bill Miller.
The US equity manager joined the Baltimore-based group in 1988 and spent ten years as an analyst before being appointed a portfolio manager in 1998.
She has been involved in the management of the Dublin-domiciled Value Equity fund since its launch that same year.
The firm said that Chris Gay had left the firm to pursue other opportunities and it is not yet known if she intends to remain within the fund industry.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Former Invesco China manager joins Legg Mason EM subsidiary
- Top exec leaves Legg Mason after losing CEO bid
- Interest rate risk being ignored, says Alt Ucits manager
- Western Asset bolsters Asia team with new hires
- Legg Mason set to launch global HY fund
- Dublin-domiciled Value Equity
On the road
by Dylan Lobo on Mar 10, 2014 at 14:45