View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a636390
Natixis AM launches dedicated SRI unit
by Atholl Simpson on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:25
Natixis Asset Management has announced the creation of an investment division dedicated to responsible investment.
The French group's new Mirova unit will offer investors long term investment solutions which integrate sustainable development concepts and is available to institutional investors, corporates, multi-managers and other institutions.
It will be led by Philippe Zaouati, the firm's deputy managing director, and groups together all the responsible investment expertise of Natixis AM under one roof.
The unit's main goal is to play an active and responsible role in financing the real economy and to meet the demands of investors looking for sustainable returns.
Its structure is focused around four main themes:
- Investing in listed equities of companies that offer innovative solutions to the sustainable development theme
- Financing responsible projects that have a high potential of return
- Impact investing which will see it invest in non-listed companies that have a positive social and environmental impact
- Offer investors advice on voting and engaging as responsible shareholders
Commenting on the launch of the new unit, Zaouati said: 'We are convinced you have to approach managing assets from a different angle to better appreciate the opportunities and risk in a changing global environment.'
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
More from us
- Natixis names head of European equity
- Natixis buys Chicago boutique and plans new fund launch
- Natixis unveils new dedicated volatility unit
- Natixis AM launches global quant fund
On the road
by Danielle Levy on Jul 25, 2014 at 10:50