Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a636390
Natixis AM launches dedicated SRI unit
by Atholl Simpson on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:25
Natixis Asset Management has announced the creation of an investment division dedicated to responsible investment.
The French group's new Mirova unit will offer investors long term investment solutions which integrate sustainable development concepts and is available to institutional investors, corporates, multi-managers and other institutions.
It will be led by Philippe Zaouati, the firm's deputy managing director, and groups together all the responsible investment expertise of Natixis AM under one roof.
The unit's main goal is to play an active and responsible role in financing the real economy and to meet the demands of investors looking for sustainable returns.
Its structure is focused around four main themes:
- Investing in listed equities of companies that offer innovative solutions to the sustainable development theme
- Financing responsible projects that have a high potential of return
- Impact investing which will see it invest in non-listed companies that have a positive social and environmental impact
- Offer investors advice on voting and engaging as responsible shareholders
Commenting on the launch of the new unit, Zaouati said: 'We are convinced you have to approach managing assets from a different angle to better appreciate the opportunities and risk in a changing global environment.'
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
More from us
- Natixis names head of European equity
- Natixis buys Chicago boutique and plans new fund launch
- Natixis unveils new dedicated volatility unit
- Natixis AM launches global quant fund
Aberdeen Live supplement: Fundamentals point to ongoing flows and solid returns from EMD
After a record year for inflows and market-leading performance in 2012, emerging market debt has taken a large step towards the mainstream. Our recent debate covers the outlook for the asset class this year and where opportunities can be found.
On the road
by Dylan Lobo on Jun 19, 2013 at 07:30