- Colin McLean: Hubris can bring down any FTSE darling, not just Tesco
- Fidelity policy boss: FCA plans discretionary commission ban 3
- Beware the potential pitfalls of taking a senior role in wealth management
- John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
- Is Jeremy Grantham right? How to navigate the beta desert
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Stewart Cowley: 'If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right' 1
UK business leaders blast EU's 'outrageous' £1.7bn cash demand
Business leaders have branded the EU’s demand for an extra £1.7 billion from Britain to balance its budget ‘outrageous’ and said the increased contribution should be rejected.
- TSB takes near 10% new current account business at launch
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street gains on corporate earnings
- Friday Papers: EU tells Britain to pay extra €2.1bn
- The Expert View: Tesco, Countrywide, UBM, Arbuthnot & Debenhams
- FTSE breaks through 6,400 in late rally
- Ex-Barclays strategic partnerships head launches private office
JPM’s Negyal: Back divis to temper EM volatility
Omar Negyal, co-manager of the JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income trust, says a dividend approach to emerging markets reduces the volatility of investing in the asset class.
WMR: Why Russia will lose this war
Author and journalist Adam Lebor believes a perfect storm is brewing when it comes to the Russian economy. .
WMR: Gerard Lyons warns Asia is the real risk, not Russia & Ukraine
Chief economic adviser to London mayor Boris Johnson outlines the geo-political risks in Asia and explains why the risk of another eurozone crisis must not be underestimated.
Profile: 'new normal' now is as dangerous as when it was applied to tech
7IM's CIO Chris Darbyshire says he has been re-energised by his new role, but has little time for 'new normal' doom-mongers