All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks
- Independent Online: Barclays’ South African unit said full-year earnings will probably increase as much as 20% after the group expanded into the rest of the continent
- Daily Mail: BP’s legal bills from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill have reached $1 billion, it emerged, as the oil giant reported a fall in profits
- The Guardian: BP has ruled itself out of drilling for shale gas in the UK, at least for now – indicating it fears its damaged safety record from the Gulf of Mexico spill would make it a target for protesters
- Business Week: GlaxoSmithKline’s best-selling Advair drug for smokers’ cough and asthma is losing US market share to products from AstraZeneca and Merck & Co.
Lloyds Group PLC
- The Guardian: Vince Cable has expressed concerns about plans by bailed-out Lloyds Banking Group to get rid of half of its small business experts