Allianz GI factor investing: how smart is smart beta?
Smart beta or sector indices have a big drawback - they normally foc us on one investment style or factor carrying a risk premium.
Global equity income comes of age
In a low interest rate world and with bonds offering little value, is global equity income one of the most attractive sources of yield out there?
- How wealth firms can stop predators stealing top talent 1
- Why robo-advice will be the next online banking
- Giles Hargreave: stepping back has been ideal
- Is hospitality an ‘inducement’, or time spent profitably with clients? 6
- Mifid II product governance rules ‘will hit boutiques hardest’ 1
- PwC: Just 2% of asset managers have 'robust' risk controls 2
- Here comes the second robo wave
Axa IM’s Hayes: we're on cusp of US high yield rally
US high yield is by far the highest risk portion of Nick Hayes’ portfolio, but he says it is attractive enough to warrant more than a fifth of his fund’s holdings.
- Guinness eyes oil & gas fund targeting 25% yearly returns 2
- The Expert View: Next, Aviva & Virgin Money
- Overnight markets: US stocks fall as data adds to growth concerns
- Thursday Papers: US researchers develop robot surgeon
- Uncovering the global equity stars
- A-rated Henderson global equity manager takes sabbatical
Kames' Roberts: how we're positioned for rising inflation
Kames Capital's head of fixed income David Roberts says inflation remains robust, leading the firm to build protection into its portfolios.
PCMR: Brexit - get ready for double-digit sterling depreciation
Gina Sanchez, founder and chair at consultancy ChanticoGlobal, says a Brexit would result in a 15% depreciation of sterling
A-rated Devlin: why we love European tech
Citywire A-rated Vincent Devlin reveals where he sees opportunities in Scandinavia.
Profile: Quilter Cheviot's international boss on taking the firm global
The term ‘vertical integration’ has lost much of its descriptive value in recent months through over-use and misuse
Smoothie talk: Mouhammed Choukier, Kleinwort Benson
Office Spotlight: SGPB Hambros
IPS Capital’s Brown: Global diversification offsets Brexit fear
Pub Club with Darren Ripton, Standard Life Wealth
Tamac: Patience is a virtue: how to play the Chinese waiting game
Wealth management: The next generation
Office Spotlight: Brooks Macdonald
Office Spotlight: Investec Wealth & Investment
WH Ireland: We’re underweight US equities but backing alternatives
Office Spotlight: WH Ireland
Pub Club: with GAM’s James McDaid and Charles Hepworth
Investment Committee: Philip Smeaton, Sanlam Private Wealth
Q&A with T Bailey Asset Management
Pub Club: James Lindsley & Stephen Quick, Rathbone Investment Management, Kendal
Office Spotlight: Sanlam Private Wealth
Investment Committee: John Thornber, Andrews Gwynne
Investment Committee: Kasim Zafar, EQ Investors
A day in the life of WH Ireland's Stuart Hutchinson
Office Spotlight: Redmayne Bentley, Highland Branch
Logging the past: Cunningham Coates' Belfast office