Multi-asset: offering performance potential in the face of adversity
With investors facing an array of variables and challenges in the years ahead, Trevor Greetham, head of multi-asset at Royal London Asset Management, explains why a combination of growth and defensive assets could offer resilient performance moving forward.
Video: The July market outlook
David Goldman, co-manager of the BlackRock UK Income fund, analyses the fallout of the UK’s vote to leave the European Union, its impact on markets and how he and the team are positioning the fund in a post-Brexit world.
Jupiter Absolute Return – blending best practice with a research edge
There are three stages to the investment process Clunie and his team employ, the first of which is a quantitative screen.
Seeking value in economic franchises
Bertrand Cliquet, co-portfolio manager of the Lazard Global Equity Franchise fund, explains why investing in companies with a history of predictable earnings may help investors reduce risk and enhance returns.
- Dear chancellor: what wealth managers want from Hammond
- Robos' first big test: how did they fare? 2
- Ripe for takeover: robo-advisers' profitability challenge 1
- Start-up or back-up: post-referendum impact on business plans
- Artemis’ Dodd: Brewin and Charles Stanley ‘significantly undervalued’
- Uber or Amazon: how to reboot your business model
- No nirvana of regulation-free world post-Brexit
Schroders trims its stake in Liontrust
The sale of 410,000 shares netted Schroders £1.1 million
- Alliance Trust performance hit by Brexit despite hedges
- Miton to implement new remuneration for manager retention
- The Expert View: Lloyds, SSE and EasyJet
- Friday Papers: Elliott attacks £71bn SABMiller takeover
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street slips on disappointing results
- EasyJet drags down FTSE as Draghi offers few clues
Citywire 10k: video highlights
Citywire held its sixth annual charity run last week, which hosted over 200 people and raised £14,000. Here are the video highlights.
On the Road... in the South West
The On the Road team travelled to the corners of Devon and Cornwall to find out more about the wealth management scene in South West England, writes Ted Monroe.
BlackRock's Whitestone: why shorting pubs paid off
Dan Whitestone, who manages the BlackRock Throgmorton Trust alongside Mike Prentis has benefited from shorting pubs.
Profile: how to control your destiny in an age of regulation
‘RDR was good news to us because it aligned our practices with the industry,’ says Courtiers boss Jamie Shepperd
Pub talk with Andrew Davies, LGT Vestra
Known unknowns: Allocation decisions for a post-Brexit world
Office Spotlight: Rathbones, Glasgow
From ATMs to ageism: what really bothers these wealth managers?
Office Spotlight: Cumberland Place
Pub talk with WH Ireland's Craig Allison
Change of emphasis for post-Brexit portfolios
A day in the life of Wise Investments' Tony Yarrow
Alan Beaney: Opportunities for the brave
Office Spotlight: Ascot Lloyd
Pub Club: Psigma's new look Edinburgh office
Office Spotlight: Tilney Bestinvest
On the Road... in the South West
Pub talk: John Crowley and Rebecca Fournier-D’Albe, Hawksmoor
Focus on the fundamentals
Sarasin & Partners: Focus on downside in uncertain times
Office Spotlight: Walker Crips
Dining with Jessica Crane in our favourite pub yet
Office Spotlight: Psigma
Cazenove's Jeffrey on potential referendum repercussions
Office Spotlight: Charles Stanley