Multi-asset: offering performance potential in the face of adversity
With investors facing an array of variables and challenges in the years ahead, Trevor Greetham, head of multi-asset at Royal London Asset Management, explains why a combination of growth and defensive assets could offer resilient performance moving forward.
Video: The July market outlook
David Goldman, co-manager of the BlackRock UK Income fund, analyses the fallout of the UK’s vote to leave the European Union, its impact on markets and how he and the team are positioning the fund in a post-Brexit world.
What can the Jupiter Absolute Return fund add to a portfolio?
When clients tell Clunie what they want the Jupiter Absolute Return fund to do, they say they expect it to be a "defender or goalkeeper” in their clients’ portfolios. “In other words, when markets shake we want you to hold up,”
Seeking value in economic franchises
Bertrand Cliquet, co-portfolio manager of the Lazard Global Equity Franchise fund, explains why investing in companies with a history of predictable earnings may help investors reduce risk and enhance returns.
- HNWIs call on FCA to turn focus on infrastructure building
- Dear chancellor: what wealth managers want from Hammond
- Robos' first big test: how did they fare? 4
- Ripe for takeover: robo-advisers' profitability challenge 1
- Start-up or back-up: post-referendum impact on business plans
- Artemis’ Dodd: Brewin and Charles Stanley ‘significantly undervalued’
- Uber or Amazon: how to reboot your business model
Taxman calls time on Ernst & Young tax avoidance scheme
Brewer Greene King has been ordered to hand over almost £9 million in taxes generated via a scheme which was marketed by Ernst & Young.
- Overnight Markets: US stocks end mostly higher as Facebook rises
- Friday Papers: Company results show Brexit winners and losers
- Lyxor offers FTSE 100 ETF with sterling protection 1
- Oil market slump leaves it balanced on edge of bear pit
- Woodford Patient Capital bolsters board with double hire
- Citywire Compliance: launch issue out now!
HSBC's Stephen King warns of 'enormous' Brexit deficit danger
Brexit will weaken the economy, fail to boost exports and lessen the country's ability to fund its 'enormous' deficit, according to HSBC's senior economic adviser Stephen King.
Premier's Smith: electricity and water can be a good mix
Exposing your person to electricity and water simultaneously is ill-advised, but what about your portfolio?
Citywire 10k: video highlights
Citywire held its sixth annual charity run last week, which hosted over 200 people and raised £14,000. Here are the video highlights.
Profile: gearing up for the shift from consolidation to start-ups
‘I think the industry is evolving rapidly, but not necessarily as a whole,’ says the head of recently launched Charles Nicholson AM
Rushton: Dollar provides safe haven
Pub Club with Tcam's Haig Bathgate
Office Spotlight: Rowan Dartington
Pub talk with Andrew Davies, LGT Vestra
Known unknowns: Allocation decisions for a post-Brexit world
Office Spotlight: Rathbones, Glasgow
From ATMs to ageism: what really bothers these wealth managers?
Office Spotlight: Cumberland Place
Pub talk with WH Ireland's Craig Allison
Change of emphasis for post-Brexit portfolios
A day in the life of Wise Investments' Tony Yarrow
Alan Beaney: Opportunities for the brave
Office Spotlight: Ascot Lloyd
Pub Club: Psigma's new look Edinburgh office
Office Spotlight: Tilney Bestinvest
On the Road... in the South West
Pub talk: John Crowley and Rebecca Fournier-D’Albe, Hawksmoor
Focus on the fundamentals
Sarasin & Partners: Focus on downside in uncertain times
Office Spotlight: Walker Crips
Dining with Jessica Crane in our favourite pub yet