Citywire Selection verdict: Lead manager Chris Burvill’s belief in equities has been persistent over the last few years and he will continue to buy them at the current levels. Their exposure to bonds that offer a low sensitivity to rising interest rates has offered protection. The main contributors towards this fund’s performance over the last few years has been holdings within the small and mid-cap segment of the equity market, as well as strong performance of high yield and financial bond holdings. Interestingly for a mixed asset manager, Burvill is reluctant to invest in gold, believing it to be too speculative. This has cost the portfolio over the short-term as gold has appreciated sharply.
- Multrees: robos will be 'subsumed' by wealth firms
- Why Richard Bonnor-Moris went solo
- Pass the baton: how family offices can survive succession
- Will radical Japan shift help it win inflation battle?
- The blurring boundaries between active and passive
- RoboFlop: is fintech the next dotcom bubble? 2
- Increase duration or reduce quality? That is the question
Saturday Papers: Dealmaking falls to three-year low
Deutsche Bank shares jumped yesterday as hopes emerged that the lender was close to reaching a settlement with US prosecutors.
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street falls sharply amid financial fears
- Investment trusts win crucial Mifid II battle
- Mifid II: robo firms won't escape suitability rules
- The Secret CEO: what Buffett can teach you about compliance
- Mifid II: FCA looks to extend rebate ban to portfolio managers
- Mifid II: wealth firms face steep voice recording bills 2
Citywire North 2016: video highlights
Our annual event at Rudding Park in Harrogate saw a huge turnout to hear the latest on Brexit, the dark net and more.
Mark Stevenson: a wholesale review of investments is needed
Speaking at the recent Citywire North event, author Mark Stevenson has also said we need to revisit our concept of 'wealth'.
Citywire North 2016: Jamie Bartlett - don't fear the dark net
Author Jamie Bartlett says companies and users need to understand and embrace and hidden side of the internet.
Profile: how an ethical revolution led to outperformance
Andrew Gilbert says a 72.44% return in 38 months from his most stringent portfolio debases the ‘prejudices’ against ethical investing.
Midlands Medley – wealth management views from Birmingham
Allocating to fixed interest: A Volvo or a Ferrari?
Office Spotlight: Charles Stanley
Pub Club with Nick Travis and Mike Saunders, Smith & Williamson
Coming soon... Wealth Manager’s inaugural UK Global New Ideas event
Investment Committee: Eric Woodward
Office Spotlight: Bartholomew Hawkins
Time for the brave to put a toe in the water
Brexit buzz: Pub Club with Hargeave Hale's Neil Jones
Office Spotlight: Two10 Asset Management
Spotlight shines on Brewin Dolphin
Teacher's pet or class rebel? Back to school special
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Relay
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Long Jump
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Shot Put
Wealth Manager Olympics: the 100m sprint
Wealth Managers battle it out in Battersea Olympics 2016
Do you recognise these four wealth manager stereotypes?
Rushton: Dollar provides safe haven
Pub Club with Tcam's Haig Bathgate
Office Spotlight: Rowan Dartington