Julius Baer International has revealed the nine wealth and relationship managers it raided from Barclays Wealth this summer as part of regional push.
The expansion plans announced in August will see Julius Baer investing further in the UK and Ireland, with new offices in Manchester, Leeds and Scotland.
David Durlacher (pictured), chief executive of Julius Baer International, said: ‘We are pleased to welcome such a strong cohort of experienced individuals to Julius Baer.
‘Their expertise will give clients outside London local access to our superior wealth management offering and provides us with wide coverage across the UK and Ireland.
'We are on track to open our new offices over the coming months and look forward to welcoming additional, experienced team members in due course.’
Among the hires it has made since August are:
- Martin Cuthbert, who joins as a team head and will be responsible for the team covering the North East. Martin joins from Barclays Wealth, where as regional director he established the Barclays Wealth North East franchise.
- Gordon Scott joins as head of the teams covering the North West, Scotland and Northern Ireland and will be based in our office in Scotland. He joins from Barclays where he was regional head, before that he held a similar role at Kleinwort Benson. 2/2
- James Bailey, the senior relationship manager in our Manchester office, joins from Barclays Wealth where he was responsible for key clients across the North West, specialising in ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Glenn Branney joins as regional head of wealth planning, reporting to our UK and Ireland head of wealth planning, Alan Hooks. Glenn is an accomplished chartered financial planner with over 17 years’ advisory experience, most recently at Barclays Wealth.
- Jonathan Dobbin has extensive experience building up a franchise in Northern Ireland and joins us as a senior relationship manager from Barclays Wealth where he built up extensive experience looking after key clients specialising in high net worth individuals.
- Mark Embley has over 25 years’ experience, with the last ten years advising key clients and family offices on their wealth requirements at Barclays Wealth. Mark has joined us as a relationship manager covering the Midlands region.
- Charlie Hague, a relationship manager, has 17 years’ experience advising high net worth families from Yorkshire and London on behalf of Barclays and Kleinwort Benson.
- Andrew Miller joins as a senior relationship manager bringing over 25 years of experience from Barclays Wealth. Andrew will be covering the North East region with a particular focus on Newcastle and the surrounding area.
- Simon Patterson is part of our North East team and is responsible for covering Newcastle and the surrounding area. Simon joins from Barclays Wealth where he was responsible for advising families, trusts and charities in the region.
- Two of our existing relationship managers based in London, Jonathan Holland and Robert Websdale, will be relocating to Manchester to better support their clients from our new, local office.
The regional offices are slated to open in early 2018. The team covering the North East will be based in Leeds while the North West will be covered from office space in Knutsford, Manchester.
The Scotland office location is yet to be confirmed.
The wealth manager has also moved its Dublin headquarters to new premises as it prepares to beef up its presence in Ireland to capture a Brexit boom.
The business recruited JP Morgan Private Bank's UK boss Tracy Redding to expand it local operations earlier this year.