Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
Seeking value opportunities with H2O MultiReturns Fund
Vincent Chailley, CIO of H2O Asset Management, talks about the importance of diversification to protect portfolios against rising yields and where to find value globally
Introducing a rising dividend strategy
Colin Morton, manager of the Franklin UK Rising Dividends Fund, talks about the importance of dividends and his investment approach
- Herding or hunting for new names? How model portfolios compare 1
- What firms can learn from the evolution of US advice market
- Under the bonnet of wealth consolidator AFH Financial
- RBS has a Coutts problem 4
- How to avoid building a big & intractable buy list 4
- Why ditching quarterly reports will make investor short-termism worse 1
- Why research & dealing cost unbundling is dangerous for small firms
Labour joins call for cap on pension 'drawdown' fees
Labour plans to limit 'rip-off' charges for new retirement income policies following a critical report into pensions by Which?
- Osborne promises rapid sale of RBS
- Nucleus CEO: retail fund management is 'out of control'
- The Expert View: Aviva, Schroders and Betfair
- Overnight Markets: US stocks inch higher ahead of jobs report
- Friday Papers: ECB fires starting gun on €1tn stimulus
- Draghi rallies markets after firing QE starting gun
When Brewin's Gutteridge met BlackRock's easy Rieder
Following Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen’s testimony, Ben Gutteridge, head of fund research at Brewin Dolphin, grills Rick Rieder, CIO of fundamental fixed income at BlackRock.
Sam Vecht: the best opportunities in frontier markets
Blackrock's Vecht evaluates frontier markets and explains where he sees the opportunities
Where A-rated Pattullo is finding the best bond opportunities
Henderson Global Investors head of retail fixed income explains how he is managing his fund against the surprise current monetary policy divergence.
Profile: meet the man building Towry into an £11bn giant
As a former engineer who worked on Hong Kong International Airport, Rob Devey is not afraid of taking on major projects
Lunch with Standard life Investments’ Mark Lane
Tracing the history of Charles Stanley’s Cambridge office
Wealth managers banish their investment irritations into Room 101
A day in the life of Tom Becket
Shining the spotlight on Barclays’ regional network
From Johannesburg to Guernsey with RBC’s Ashley Northgrave
Lunch with Stanhope Capital’s Jonathan Bell
Top 30 under 30 catch-up
Ashcourt Rowan’s Meadows’ four-part system for success
Events Diary 2015
One year on, how is Bristol’s Alpha PM progressing?
What next for the South West’s wealth managers?
Catering to Bournemouth’s affluent investors
Henderson Rowe’s Fahie: Backing the personal touch
Wealth Manager Christmas jumper lunch
Where is Smart Beta heading in 2015?
Structured credit points the way ahead for Vestra Wealth’s Lakshmanan
Citywire’s Alternative Ucits Retreat caters to a multinational audience
A Midlands first for Wealth Manager
Rathbones’ Philip Gent and Oliver Pearson-Lund: Keeping the team together for two decades
Westbury Private Clients: boosting headcount but still a boutique