Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
- Why Richard Bonnor-Moris went solo
- Pass the baton: how family offices can survive succession
- Will radical Japan shift help it win inflation battle?
- The blurring boundaries between active and passive
- RoboFlop: is fintech the next dotcom bubble? 2
- Increase duration or reduce quality? That is the question
- Return of the rogue trader: can next generation be caught?
Kings of the world: the fund groups leading global equities
In this week's number crunch we take a look at the fund firms putting in the best performance in global equities.
- The Expert View: Tesco, Experian and Shire
- Wednesday Papers: Iran rejects Saudi offer to cap oil output
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street rises after first presidential face-off
- Citywire Compliance: new issue out now!
- 'Champagne fraudster' handed longer jail term for fund con
- David Smith exits GAM following multi-asset restructure 1
Citywire North 2016: video highlights
Our annual event at Rudding Park in Harrogate saw a huge turnout to hear the latest on Brexit, the dark net and more.
Mark Stevenson: a wholesale review of investments is needed
Speaking at the recent Citywire North event, author Mark Stevenson has also said we need to revisit our concept of 'wealth'.
Citywire North 2016: Jamie Bartlett - don't fear the dark net
Author Jamie Bartlett says companies and users need to understand and embrace and hidden side of the internet.
Profile: Stanhope's charity gatekeeper on the power of consultants
Charles Mesquita has sympathy for funds stuck outside the consultant circle of trust - up to a point
Coming soon... Wealth Manager’s inaugural UK Global New Ideas event
Investment Committee: Eric Woodward
Office Spotlight: Bartholomew Hawkins
Time for the brave to put a toe in the water
Brexit buzz: Pub Club with Hargeave Hale's Neil Jones
Office Spotlight: Two10 Asset Management
Spotlight shines on Brewin Dolphin
Teacher's pet or class rebel? Back to school special
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Relay
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Long Jump
Wealth Manager Olympics: the Shot Put
Wealth Manager Olympics: the 100m sprint
Wealth Managers battle it out in Battersea Olympics 2016
Do you recognise these four wealth manager stereotypes?
Rushton: Dollar provides safe haven
Pub Club with Tcam's Haig Bathgate
Office Spotlight: Rowan Dartington
Pub talk with Andrew Davies, LGT Vestra
Known unknowns: Allocation decisions for a post-Brexit world
Office Spotlight: Rathbones, Glasgow
From ATMs to ageism: what really bothers these wealth managers?