Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
- John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
- Is Jeremy Grantham right? How to navigate the beta desert
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Stewart Cowley: 'If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right' 1
- Post-Tesco: can you believe company accounts?
- Is Schroders a sell? BofA analysts warn on regulatory risks
- Can fund performance predict a market rotation?
Vestra Wealth’s pre-tax profits surge by a third
Vestra Wealth’s pre-tax profits surged by 31% to £8.8 million last year and its turnover increased by 24% to £29.2 million over the 12 months to the end of April, up from £23.4 million year-on-year.
- IMA attacks 'allowances' within exec remuneration
- Bankers must take smaller slice, says Bank of England 2
- Warren Buffett Loses $1 billion on IBM
- The Expert View: Rolls-Royce, St James's & Man
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street gains despite drag from IBM
- Tuesday Papers: BoE launches review after payments crash
JPM’s Negyal: Back divis to temper EM volatility
Omar Negyal, co-manager of the JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income trust, says a dividend approach to emerging markets reduces the volatility of investing in the asset class.
WMR: Why Russia will lose this war
Author and journalist Adam Lebor believes a perfect storm is brewing when it comes to the Russian economy. .
WMR: Gerard Lyons warns Asia is the real risk, not Russia & Ukraine
Chief economic adviser to London mayor Boris Johnson outlines the geo-political risks in Asia and explains why the risk of another eurozone crisis must not be underestimated.
Profile: The adviser that tempted Robin Minter-Kemp on board
It is rare to meet an impassioned individual who is willing to bang the drum for investment advisory right now
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow
Lunch with Simon Walker of Quilter Cheviot
Vestra Partnership helps clients deal with life’s questions
Lunch with Bob Devine of Sturgeon Ventures
Rowan Dartington programme nurtures young potential
Lunch with Ashcourt Rowan’s Stephen Walker
Rathbones’ Winchester office engages with local youth
Lunch with GHC Capital’s Paul Harris
In Yorkshire with le Tour de France
Lunch with Andrew Main of Stratton Street Capital
Citywire charity 10k run
London to Paris riders cross the finishing line
London to Paris 2014 rider profiles: the last set from Investec, PSigma and Quilter Cheviot