Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
- The Banker's Umbrella: 'Sound of Compliance' 1
- Are wealth managers missing a trick?
- Woodford’s battle to become regulation proof 2
- The fund groups offering bumper yields
- Are listed wealth firms now a buy? 1
- RDR’s two-year report card: has it achieved its objectives? 1
- Can technology bring wealth management fees back to earth?
Sunday Papers: ‘Take forex rigging fines out of bonuses’
And Black Friday was followed by Panic Saturday as shoppers thronged town centres preparing to spend an estimated £1.2 billion on last-minute gifts before Christmas Day.
- F&C Real Estate trust to convert to Reit
- Brewin Dolphin appoints ex-Standard Chartered COO to board
- Arch boss Farrell launches bid to overturn High Court defeat
- £17bn Insight fund planning new share classes
- RIT Capital to buy AAA-rated Seaton's boutique
- Mike Ashley associate appointed CEO of Rangers
Investment Pulse: the highs and lows of 2014
This week's Investment Pulse looks back at some of the biggest stories of the year as well as looking forward to 2015.
Inside ETFs: Why the US bull-run still has legs
Global equities suffered a sharp sell-off in the third quarter but exchange traded fund investors are continuing to back the US to outperform in 2015
Paul Niven: I won't rip up the Foreign & Colonial Trust history book
The newly appointed manager of the Foreign & Colonial trust talks about his plans for UK's oldest investment company.
Manchester wealth firm hires Coutts director for London launch
Former Coutts director Tony Robinson has joined Chartered Wealth Management to head the company’s newly opened London office.
Wealth Manager Christmas jumper lunch
Where is Smart Beta heading in 2015?
Structured credit points the way ahead for Vestra Wealth’s Lakshmanan
Citywire’s Alternative Ucits Retreat caters to a multinational audience
A Midlands first for Wealth Manager
Rathbones’ Philip Gent and Oliver Pearson-Lund: Keeping the team together for two decades
Westbury Private Clients: boosting headcount but still a boutique
Gibralter Financial Services lunch
Meet Wealth Manager’s latest recruit: Suzie Bliss
Talking about sustainability with RBC Wealth Management’s Jamie Hayes
Wealth Manager celebrates another successful retreat
Coffee with Rebecca Davidson of Ingenious AM
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow