Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
Hermes’ Greenberg: deeper EM transformation finally taking place
Head of Hermes emerging markets Gary Greenberg sees the region finally becoming a long-term investment rather than simply a trade
- Colin McLean: Hubris can bring down any FTSE darling, not just Tesco
- Fidelity policy boss: FCA plans discretionary commission ban 3
- Beware the potential pitfalls of taking a senior role in wealth management
- John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
- Is Jeremy Grantham right? How to navigate the beta desert
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Stewart Cowley: 'If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right' 1
River and Mercantile sees £500m net inflows in Q3
River and Mercantile assets under management rose by 6% after net inflows of £500 million in the third quarter.
- Trust Insider: what investments worked in my 30 years of funds? 3
- Trust Insider: Henderson Value has promising future - if it survives
- The Expert View: Whitbread, Senior & Home Retail
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street retreats amid drop in oil prices
- Thursday Papers: GSK looks at potential float of HIV unit
JPM’s Negyal: Back divis to temper EM volatility
Omar Negyal, co-manager of the JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income trust, says a dividend approach to emerging markets reduces the volatility of investing in the asset class.
WMR: Why Russia will lose this war
Author and journalist Adam Lebor believes a perfect storm is brewing when it comes to the Russian economy. .
WMR: Gerard Lyons warns Asia is the real risk, not Russia & Ukraine
Chief economic adviser to London mayor Boris Johnson outlines the geo-political risks in Asia and explains why the risk of another eurozone crisis must not be underestimated.
Profile: 'new normal' now is as dangerous as when it was applied to tech
7IM's CIO Chris Darbyshire says he has been re-energised by his new role, but has little time for 'new normal' doom-mongers
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow
Lunch with Simon Walker of Quilter Cheviot
Vestra Partnership helps clients deal with life’s questions
Lunch with Bob Devine of Sturgeon Ventures
Rowan Dartington programme nurtures young potential
Lunch with Ashcourt Rowan’s Stephen Walker
Rathbones’ Winchester office engages with local youth
Lunch with GHC Capital’s Paul Harris
In Yorkshire with le Tour de France
Lunch with Andrew Main of Stratton Street Capital
Citywire charity 10k run
London to Paris riders cross the finishing line
London to Paris 2014 rider profiles: the last set from Investec, PSigma and Quilter Cheviot