Holland's £116.8 million L&G North American trust was merged in to the L&G US index trust, leaving the firm without an active US fund. The North American trust was bottom quartile over one, three and five years and L&G said its passive US fund 'has a similar risk and return profile but has a superior long-term track record to date'.
- Why this ex-UBS private banker blew the whistle
- The time has come for innovative fund fees
- How should research be priced in a post-Mifid II world? 1
- Can refundable performance fees work?
- The trials and tribulations of living through M&A
- Diary of a digital investor: Nutmeg's first investment review 4
- Clientology: City hotshots - tough and relaxed
Pound jumps, banks top FTSE as August rate rise eyed
Pound makes further gains while banks lead FTSE 100 higher following Bank of England governor Mark Carney’s hawkish comments.
- FCA flags concerns about 'pay to play' in model portfolios
- Seven key takeaways from the FCA's investment review
- FCA report: passive bias 'is not the case'
- FCA report: consultants' warn on 'cookie-cutter solutions'
- FCA plan will add 5 days to fund compliance workload 1
- Platform market study will look at vertical integration, FCA says
CEO tapes 2: the right way to pay fund managers
In second part of our latest CEO series, seven fund bosses lift the lid on how they pay managers.
Get out of low vol, warns 'godfather' of smart beta Rob Arnott
Rising valuations are making the Research Affiliates founder nervous, so he's advising clients to rotate into value-orientated strategies.
CEO tapes 2: the active fund industry has 'over promised'
Citywire invited a batch of fund bosses to share their views on the industry ahead of this week's crucial FCA report.
Profile: Rathbones' fund boss on spotting emerging talent
A great fund manager is really easy to spot, says Mike Webb, chief executive of Rathbones Unit Trust Management
Cornelian Asset Managers: the Scottish boutique proving its worth across the UK
Office Spotlight: Gore Browne Investment Management, Harrogate
Investment Committee: Tilney's CIO on commercial property
At the Portman with Brooks Macdonald’s Nathan Delaney
Office Spotlight: Wellian Investment Solutions, Tunbridge Wells
Poor fund fee transparency! What three DFMs really hate
Investment Committee: Vince Hopkins, BRI Wealth Management
Investment Committee: Larry Hatheway, GAM
A day in the life of Stacey Merron, Redmayne-Bentley
Pub Club with Suzy Thomson, Brewin Dolphin
Office Spotlight: Parmenion, Bristol
Lively Liverpool: Quilter Cheviot's Simon Walker talks wealth management in the city
Meet Wealth Manager's latest recruit: Eleanor Mahmoud
Pub Club: Katie Tasker, Charles Stanley
Office Spotlight: Anderson Strathern, Edinburgh
Investment Committee: Haig Bathgate, Tcam
Postcards from Scotland...
Pub Club with Mark Flynn, Barclays Wealth & Investment Management
Office Spotlight: Psigma, London
Investment Committee: Mouhammed Choukeir, Kleinwort Hambros
Pub Club: Paul Derrien, Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management