Date opened: 2013
Average portfolio size: £570,000
Number in team: 10
Office clients: 168
Assets under management: £100m
Top three fund picks:
• Miton Global Opportunities
• FP Crux UK
• Polar Capital Global Financials
Q&A with Peter Montague, CEO, Montage Portfolio Management, Chelmsford:
Are you bullish or bearish?
We are bullish in specific areas of markets, but overall we are slightly bearish.
What is your typical client demographic?
At retirement, needing advice on pensions and investments, often with IHT planning.
What differentiates your location?
Essex is a strong affluent region, with a vibrant business community.
What challenges are facing your area?
More and more house building.
What’s the best thing about living in your area?
We can operate as a London business, be in London for client meetings in 40 minutes, but enjoy the open countryside.
What’s a typical regional saying?
What is your office motto?
We believe in freedom.
Typical balanced portfolio:
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
- Polar Capital's Rochussen: 'You have to be ruthless'
- RLAM's Fox: Do androids dream of electric cars?
- Is it worth using ETFs to cut model portfolio fees?
- Socially-responsible ETFs grow but education still needed
- How wealth firms spend their profits
Stanhope Capital launches €100m entrepreneur-backed private equity fund
Stanhope Capital has launched a €100 million private equity fund to invest in European small and medium sized businesses.
- Are ETFs a harbinger of doom for the markets?
- 4 shares the pros are buying and selling
- Asia stocks fall amid US tax reform concerns
- Monday Papers: Cabinet ready to back May’s increased Brexit bill offer
- Sunday Papers: Hammond pledges to build 300,000 homes a year
- Saturday Papers: Carillion shares collapse after profit warning
CIO Tapes 2: two warnings and a lot of optimism
Our group of leading asset management CIOs see a lot of opportunities – and overseas investors are buying UK too
Wealth Manager Retreat 2017: size isn't everything
We asked our delegates at the Wealth Manager Retreat what they think about the recent wave of consolidation in the industry.
CIO Tapes - part 3: 'passive funds are anti-capitalist'
Citywire recently gathered three of the UK's leading fund investment heads to discuss their hopes, fears and the issues that their jobs throw at them daily.
Profile: Thomas Miller explains its post-restructure plans
Thomas Miller Investment’s (TMI) head of wealth Matt Phillips has strong opinions about many things
Pub Club: At the Water Poet with BMO's Kelly Prior
Office Spotlight: Brooks Macdonald, Manchester
Made in the Midlands: the growth of boutique BRI Wealth Management
Pub Club: At The Cask & Glass with PortfolioMetrix
Coutts celebrate opening of Rwanda cricket ground
Office Spotlight: Casterbridge Wealth, Salisbury
Citigold client events with a difference
Investment Committee: Gary Stockdale, Vertem Asset Management
Pub Club: at the Oast House with Investec W&I Manchester head
Office Spotlight: Brewin Dolphin, Bristol
Investment Committee: Murray Asset Management keeping the consumer confident
ESG investing set to 'snowball'
London not a threat for Thesis AM Guildford
At The Jugged Hare with Laura Hobbs, Saunderson House
Office Spotlight: Quilter Cheviot, Birmingham
Investment Committee: Thesis' Hoggarth on currency
A day in the life of...Raymond James' Mark Parello
Office Spotlight: EQ Investors, London
Investment Committee: Samantha Dovey, Ravenscroft Investment Management
Pub Club: At The Malsters Arms with Harpsden's Ian Brady
Office Spotlight: TAM Asset Management Ltd, London