Date opened: 2013
Average portfolio size: £570,000
Number in team: 10
Office clients: 168
Assets under management: £100m
Top three fund picks:
• Miton Global Opportunities
• FP Crux UK
• Polar Capital Global Financials
Q&A with Peter Montague, CEO, Montage Portfolio Management, Chelmsford:
Are you bullish or bearish?
We are bullish in specific areas of markets, but overall we are slightly bearish.
What is your typical client demographic?
At retirement, needing advice on pensions and investments, often with IHT planning.
What differentiates your location?
Essex is a strong affluent region, with a vibrant business community.
What challenges are facing your area?
More and more house building.
What’s the best thing about living in your area?
We can operate as a London business, be in London for client meetings in 40 minutes, but enjoy the open countryside.
What’s a typical regional saying?
What is your office motto?
We believe in freedom.
Typical balanced portfolio:
- CISI slams FCA plan to scrap Approved Persons Register 5
- Is the auto industry the next ‘Big Short?’
- How to make a compensation payout last a lifetime 1
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
- Polar Capital's Rochussen: 'You have to be ruthless'
FCA fines rise tenfold this year
The total value of the fines meted out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) increased tenfold year-on-year in 2017.
- 4 shares the pros are buying
- Monday Papers: Ireland warns May over Brexit deal
- Asia stocks narrowly mixed following upbeat Wall Street
- Sunday Papers: UK stocks slip down world league table
- Saturday Papers: May set for new battles after Brexit breakthrough
- Banks and builders surge on Brexit breakthrough
Mark Barnett - part 2: why I'm not buying Lloyds
In the second part of our exclusive video interview, Barnett explains why he has no intention of buying Lloyds, and where he sees the greatest income opportunities.
Wealth managers reveal the best investment ideas of the year
From robotics to impact investing, wealth managers share the best ideas they have heard this year.
Baillie Gifford's Earnshaw on Xi Jinping's 'new era'
Sophie Earnshaw talks through what Xi Jinping's 'new era' means for investors. and why Chinese tech offers some of best growth stocks in the world.
Profile: JM Finn on why the future is with financial planners
There is a lot of work on pension consolidation and Sipps have been a big driver there, says JM Finn chief executive
Pub Club: at The Old Beams in Milton Keynes with WH Ireland
MPS Investment Committee: Simon Doherty, Quilter Cheviot
Office Spotlight: Equilibrium Asset Management, Cheshire
MPS Investment Committee: Sanjay Rijhsinghani and MPS team, LGT Vestra
Dining with 7IM's Damian Barry at The Culpeper
On the Road Challenge: Bowling with Kleinwort Hambros
Pub Club: at the bar with Standard Life Wealth's resident rugby star
Office Spotlight: Hargreave Hale, Llandudno
Parmenion: the perks of investing in interesting times
Investment Committee: Arnaud Gandon, Heptagon Capital
Pub Club: At the Water Poet with BMO's Kelly Prior
Office Spotlight: Brooks Macdonald, Manchester
Made in the Midlands: the growth of boutique BRI Wealth Management
Pub Club: At The Cask & Glass with PortfolioMetrix
Coutts celebrate opening of Rwanda cricket ground
Office Spotlight: Casterbridge Wealth, Salisbury
Citigold client events with a difference
Investment Committee: Gary Stockdale, Vertem Asset Management
Pub Club: at the Oast House with Investec W&I Manchester head
Office Spotlight: Brewin Dolphin, Bristol
Investment Committee: Murray Asset Management keeping the consumer confident