Date opened: 2013
Average portfolio size: £570,000
Number in team: 10
Office clients: 168
Assets under management: £100m
Top three fund picks:
• Miton Global Opportunities
• FP Crux UK
• Polar Capital Global Financials
Q&A with Peter Montague, CEO, Montage Portfolio Management, Chelmsford:
Are you bullish or bearish?
We are bullish in specific areas of markets, but overall we are slightly bearish.
What is your typical client demographic?
At retirement, needing advice on pensions and investments, often with IHT planning.
What differentiates your location?
Essex is a strong affluent region, with a vibrant business community.
What challenges are facing your area?
More and more house building.
What’s the best thing about living in your area?
We can operate as a London business, be in London for client meetings in 40 minutes, but enjoy the open countryside.
What’s a typical regional saying?
What is your office motto?
We believe in freedom.
Typical balanced portfolio:
- FCA Mifid probe should address research 'conflicts'
- The existential crisis facing wealth managers 1
- Why Speirs & Jeffrey was forced to sell to Rathbones
- Richard Colwell: fund management is a funny old game
- Wealth boom: where DFMs must improve by 2021
- Is meeting the fund manager a must? 4
- How to invest for the cities of the future
Overnight Markets: Wall Street slumps on continued trade fears
Energy, industrials and materials were among the biggest decliners.
- 7IM and LGT Vestra scoop £60m as embattled IFA shutters DFM
- AXA IM's five stocks to play the auto tech revolution
- Court questions 'troubling' FCA focus on junior staff 1
- Stonehage Fleming hires TMI partner as wealth director
- Thursday Papers: Disney trumps Comcast with $71bn offer for Fox
- Overnight Markets: Tech shares lead US stocks mostly higher
Citywire Scotland: how wealth managers use new tech
We caught up with a few wealth managers at our annual event in Gleneagles to find out what technological innovations they are employing across their businesses.
CEO Tapes: Buxton to Gilbert - ‘my Glencore quandary’
Do not miss the first two minutes of this film as Richard Buxton shares how he has been challenged by a client for owning shares in a certain company.
CEO Tapes: the huge opportunities for asset managers
From tech disruption, retirement and poaching, the CEO discuss the opportunities for their businesses in this episode.
Pics from our profile of Alpha Beta's George Higginson
See all the pics from this week's profile
Pub Club: With Tcam's Mark Little at De Hems (sort of)
MPS Investment Committee: Jordan Sriharan, Thomas Miller Investment
Office Spotlight: WHIreland International Wealth, Isle of Man
World Cup 2018
MPS Investment Committee: Tom Becket, Psigma Investment Management
Office Spotlight: Brown Shipley, Edinburgh
Walking with Wealth Managers: David Miller of Quilter Cheviot
Anything but standard - island life with Standard Bank Jersey
Sanlam Group celebrates its 100th birthday - here's what they've been up to
Citywire triumph at Stamford Bridge
Office Spotlight: Brooks Macdonald, Cardiff
MPS Investment Committee: Andrew Morgan, Walker Cambria
Pub Club: At The One Bull in Bury St Edmunds with Beckett Asset Management
Office Spotlight: Quilter Cheviot, Salisbury
MPS Investment Committee: Jeremy Balfour-Melville, Malloch Melville Investment Managers
Business Tree: JM Finn, Bury St Edmunds
Walking with Wealth Managers: Julie-Ann Ashcroft of Standard Life Wealth
Meet Wealth Manager's latest recruit: Katie Gilfillan
MPS Investment Committee: Jason Day & Eric Louw, Standard Life Wealth
A day in the life of: AJ Bell's Russ Mould
Office Spotlight: Brewin Dolphin, Glasgow