At Citywire's South East retreat we cornered Chris Watling, the contrarian CEO and founder of Longview Economics, to ask him when he sees the next recession coming, if there'll be another UK housing crash, and how he copes with swimming against the tide.
- Game on: why wealth firms are targeting esports clients
- Counting the cost of Dauriac v Caudwell
- Exclusive: MPS hasn't killed off client-facing managers
- MPS spotlight: how Whitechurch was able to slash charges
- The pitfalls and rewards of setting up a family office 2
- Revealed: the truth about wealth managers’ buy lists 2
- How these wealth firms replaced their CEOs
Why investors should watch the weather
Early February brought freezing weather and equity markets began to shiver, before bouncing back as March saw the sun come out to play
- Fund giant agrees $30m settlement with top manager
- IFS says taxes need to hit historic highs to prevent NHS misery 1
- Thursday Papers: M&S profits plunge 62% amid sweeping store closure plans
- Overnight Markets: US stocks stage rebound on Fed minutes
- FSCS pays out £5.7m to clients of failed wealth firm
- The 20 most valuable football clubs in Europe
CEO Tapes: Buxton to Gilbert - ‘my Glencore quandary’
Do not miss the first two minutes of this film as Richard Buxton shares how he has been challenged by a client for owning shares in a certain company.
CEO Tapes: the huge opportunities for asset managers
From tech disruption, retirement and poaching, the CEO discuss the opportunities for their businesses in this episode.
CEO Tapes: 'we're just a bunch of white dudes sitting here'
In our brand new series, eight CEOs discuss how the industry could do a better job for female fund managers.
Profile: how career burnout led to a family office launch
I was burnt-out from a career in finance and had no desire to come back, says the founder of Blu Family Office
Pub Club: At Balls Brothers with Charles Stanley's latest recruits
Thamesis’ Paul Reynolds rides for charity in Bums on Bikes challenge
MPS Investment Committee: Jordan Sriharan, Thomas Miller Investment
Office Spotlight: Psigma Investment Management, Birmingham
Walking with Wealth Managers: Matt Phillips of TMI
Pub Club: At The Garrison with Rosanna Arikoglu, Smith & WIlliamson
Office Spotlight: Beckett Asset Management, Bury St Edmunds
MPS Investment Committee: Tom Becket, Psigma Investment Management
The Baer amongst the bees - Julius Baer making footprints in Manchester
The best out West - catching up with Swansea's Walker Cambria
Office Spotlight: Investec Wealth & Investment, Bournemouth
Room 101: what grinds these three wealth managers' gears?
MPS Investment Committee: Gill Lakin, Brompton Asset Management
Wealth management momentum in East Anglia - catching up with Beckett Asset Management
Earth Day 2018: four wealth managers on how they are supporting a sustainable future
Office Spotlight: Arbuthnot Latham, Manchester
MPS Investment Committee: Barry Cowen, Sanlam Four
Former Walker Crips wealth manager proud to celebrate Best Beginnings' 10th Anniversary
MPS Investment Committee: Jonathan Webster-Smith, Brooks Macdonald
A day in the life of... Psigma Investment Management's Peter Seamer
Sorbus Partners – the multi-family office taking off in the Midlands