At Citywire's South East retreat we cornered Chris Watling, the contrarian CEO and founder of Longview Economics, to ask him when he sees the next recession coming, if there'll be another UK housing crash, and how he copes with swimming against the tide.
- Exclusive: MPS hasn't killed off client-facing managers
- MPS spotlight: how Whitechurch was able to slash charges
- The pitfalls and rewards of setting up a family office 2
- Revealed: the truth about wealth managers’ buy lists 2
- How these wealth firms replaced their CEOs
- Why this boutique rejected purchased growth for partnership
- A fresh start: what it takes to set up a wealth boutique
FTSE scales fresh high but M&S falls on store closures
FTSE 100 notches up another all-time high but shares in Marks and Spencer fall as retailer confirms store closures.
- Overnight Markets: Dow climbs nearly 300 points on trade war truce
- Taxicab Tenner: why Investec's Blake Hutchins bought Tesco
- FCA: robo failing on suitability and clear charging
- Brewin Dolphin buys Scottish IFA's client book
- Canada Life appoints new equity and multi asset heads
- The 25 biggest private banks in the world
CEO Tapes: the huge opportunities for asset managers
From tech disruption, retirement and poaching, the CEO discuss the opportunities for their businesses in this episode.
CEO Tapes: 'we're just a bunch of white dudes sitting here'
In our brand new series, eight CEOs discuss how the industry could do a better job for female fund managers.
CEO Tapes: 'We don't care about the average fund manager'
The bosses of 13 asset management groups recently came to Citywire London HQ for two separate round table discussions.
Profile: Kevin Doran's formula for success at AJ Bell
From a degree in theoretical physics to teaching and becoming one of the youngest chief investment officers in the UK, Kevin Doran has certainly had an interesting career.
Pub Club: At Balls Brothers with Charles Stanley's latest recruits
Thamesis’ Paul Reynolds rides for charity in Bums on Bikes challenge
MPS Investment Committee: Jordan Sriharan, Thomas Miller Investment
Office Spotlight: Psigma Investment Management, Birmingham
Walking with Wealth Managers: Matt Phillips of TMI
Pub Club: At The Garrison with Rosanna Arikoglu, Smith & WIlliamson
Office Spotlight: Beckett Asset Management, Bury St Edmunds
MPS Investment Committee: Tom Becket, Psigma Investment Management
The Baer amongst the bees - Julius Baer making footprints in Manchester
The best out West - catching up with Swansea's Walker Cambria
Office Spotlight: Investec Wealth & Investment, Bournemouth
Room 101: what grinds these three wealth managers' gears?
MPS Investment Committee: Gill Lakin, Brompton Asset Management
Wealth management momentum in East Anglia - catching up with Beckett Asset Management
Earth Day 2018: four wealth managers on how they are supporting a sustainable future
Office Spotlight: Arbuthnot Latham, Manchester
MPS Investment Committee: Barry Cowen, Sanlam Four
Former Walker Crips wealth manager proud to celebrate Best Beginnings' 10th Anniversary
MPS Investment Committee: Jonathan Webster-Smith, Brooks Macdonald
A day in the life of... Psigma Investment Management's Peter Seamer
Sorbus Partners – the multi-family office taking off in the Midlands