Allianz GI factor investing: how smart is smart beta?
Smart beta or sector indices have a big drawback - they normally foc us on one investment style or factor carrying a risk premium.
Global equity income comes of age
In a low interest rate world and with bonds offering little value, is global equity income one of the most attractive sources of yield out there?
- Is hospitality an ‘inducement’, or time spent profitably with clients? 6
- Mifid II product governance rules ‘will hit boutiques hardest’ 1
- PwC: Just 2% of asset managers have 'robust' risk controls 2
- Here comes the second robo wave
- Is this a golden period for UK wealth M&A?
- Is fitter Brewin Dolphin in shape for takeover? 2
- Private banks battle to crack the UK
Is the party over for UK property?
Following the worst outflows from the IA Property sector since the 2008 crisis, what does the future hold for it?
- Wednesday Papers: Government orders probe into BHS's administration
- Findlay Park co-founder steps back from top US fund 1
- FTSE slips as manufacturing drops in China and UK
- You're hired! 12 big wealth and funds moves in April 1
- Nutmeg names new CEO as Hungerford steps down 2
- Ex-WH Ireland duo open Manchester arm for Raymond James
Kames' Roberts: how we're positioned for rising inflation
Kames Capital's head of fixed income David Roberts says inflation remains robust, leading the firm to build protection into its portfolios.
A-rated Devlin: why we love European tech
Citywire A-rated Vincent Devlin reveals where he sees opportunities in Scandinavia.
Chelverton's Baker: why housebuilders are safe as houses
The UK smaller companies manager says he's recognised several growth prospects within the home repair market.
Profile: how poet Feeney helped Old Mutual Wealth blossom
Old Mutual Wealth's boss resorted to a somewhat unconventional medium to deliver his vision for the national wealth giant.
Pub Club with Darron Ripton, Standard Life Wealth
Tamac: Patience is a virtue: how to play the Chinese waiting game
Wealth management: The next generation
Office Spotlight: Brooks Macdonald
Office Spotlight: Investec Wealth & Investment
WH Ireland: We’re underweight US equities but backing alternatives
Office Spotlight: WH Ireland
Pub Club: with GAM’s James McDaid and Charles Hepworth
Investment Committee: Philip Smeaton, Sanlam Private Wealth
Q&A with T Bailey Asset Management
Pub Club: James Lindsley & Stephen Quick, Rathbone Investment Management, Kendal
Office Spotlight: Sanlam Private Wealth
Investment Committee: John Thornber, Andrews Gwynne
Investment Committee: Kasim Zafar, EQ Investors
A day in the life of WH Ireland's Stuart Hutchinson
Office Spotlight: Redmayne Bentley, Highland Branch
Logging the past: Cunningham Coates' Belfast office
Q&A Steve Plowman
Investment Committee: Ian Barnard, Capital Generation Partners
North West round-up